NEW SUBWOFFER OPTION!!!!

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I gutted my whole system (it was pretty pathetic) A factory head unit with RCA outputs would make upgrading a little cheaper. The factory cd player is an OLD (discontinued) Alpine unit and is a decent setup Thats all I would have wanted. The factory system has potential with its component set up and all, just put some good speakers in (Dont even bother with the 2 in the back) and drive it with high quality amps A nice powered 6.5 in or 8 in mounted in the floor or behind the seat would be great. I re-did my entire system with all Alpine and it cost under 1,000 dollars and is a vast improvement.

Thats just my 2 cents.

Good luck
smile.gif

YellowSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THE CORVETTE SOUNDS SYSTEM KICKS OUR CARS' SOUND SYSTEMS A$$. USE THE BOSE CORVETTE SYSTEM AS THE BENCH-MARK AND WORK UP FROM THAT POINT.

LTHL VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would suggest that, since these are Vipers, to use high end woofers and amplifiers. It would be nice to see one offered without an amp as well.

I have always had great luck with the Kicker square woofers; they require very little space, and pack a punch. Perhaps an 8" square sub with a solid amp.

Do you know what components they will be using?

Afy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by YellowSnake:
THE CORVETTE SOUNDS SYSTEM KICKS OUR CARS' SOUND SYSTEMS A$$. USE THE BOSE CORVETTE SYSTEM AS THE BENCH-MARK AND WORK UP FROM THAT POINT.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
The Corvette Sound System, at least in the C5 is a pathetic piece of crap.. the only good thing about it is the 12 disc changer. The rest is pure unadulterated junk.

The Viper's stock system is miles better than the bose crap in the vette..
The only thing worse than the excuse for a sound system in the vette are the headlights..

Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would be really nice if it would fit in and work for RT/10 owners as well as GTS owners.

Matt

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sound System?Radio?CD player?There's multiple speakers in there too?Who listens to them????????Had an 01 GTS since June.Don't know or care if they work or not.I bought it as a drivers car not a rolling boom box.My sound improvements consist of trying to make the car sound more like the sound track from the movie Lemans. Bruce

kernie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTS Bruce:
Sound System?Radio?CD player?There's multiple speakers in there too?Who listens to them????????Had an 01 GTS since June.Don't know or care if they work or not.I bought it as a drivers car not a rolling boom box.My sound improvements consist of trying to make the car sound more like the sound track from the movie Lemans. Bruce

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

AMEN!!!!!!

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I too am very disapointed in the stock system.
As mentioned an easy "bolt on" mod would be desired.
No cutting,etc, etc.

would be very interested in any upgrades.

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have no real complaint with the sound.

The things that drives me nuts is that piece of crap seek function of the radio. How could Alpine make such a garbage design.

Then it would be nice to have a nice 12 CD changer.

After all that was fixed, I might worry about speakers/amplifiers.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
RT/10 owners.... PartsRack offers a center-console rear bulkhead cover (OEM is vinyl on plastic) with a much sronger, uncut fibreglass panel. No speaker holes. You can cut this stronger unit to fit your speaker choice.....Venzano upholsters em.

We are even working w/ Venzano to make a 2"-3" "thicker" depth of that center section...

MiamiJeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since I don't plan on watching Jurassic Park in my Viper, my #1 priority isn't quite the subwoofer.

Seriously, any suggestions of better speakers that fit existing enclosures would be welcome. Would the MB Quarts sound better even without changing out the head unit and/or adding separate amplification?

As to Bose, it's gratifying to see that their recent advertising focus recognizes their true strength---those tabletop/clock radios.
dead.gif

Maybe DCX can get the better sounding Mark Levinson gear like Lexus offers???
bounce.gif
BURNOUT.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62