Need thoughts and prayers, please...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'm really grasping for any inkling of hope here. One of my technicians, Bill, a talented 25 year old who started with me a few months ago, had a brain aneurism on Monday while riding his dirtbike. Fortunately, he was stopped at the time, so he didn't crash. His wife just called and said they're doing final testing to see if they can get any response from his brain, as he hasn't regained consciousness. This is so tragic! 25 years old!! Thank goodness they don't have any children, but his wife sounds devastated (understandably) when I talk with her on the phone.
Please say a little something for him or give him a thought. We here at APEX are pretty down about the whole thing. Thanks.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Man, that really stinks!!! I hate to hear about this kind of stuff! Especially before the holidays. My thoughts and prayers go out to them.

Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will keep both Bill and his wife in my prayers. Please let us know how if there is any improvement.

-Matt

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
The Houss family's thoughts and prayers are with him.

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In my thoughts and prayers.
Laura
smile.gif

NCVCA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My cousin died of a brain anurism after returning home from a long day at work (he designed nuclear power plants - really) at age 27. He sat down in his recliner and told Stacy (his wife) that he had a headache. She handed him their baby (2 weeks old) and went to the bathroom for some aspirin.

When she returned he had died.

I can undertand your and the families concern. He will be in our prayers.

Jeff

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep up hope!

One of my welders was bay fishing down near Corpus Christi a couple of summers back, where he too developed a serious brain aneurism. He spent several weeks in IC, followed by several months of rehab. He is back at work, doing his old job, but I feel he's only at about 85% of his former self. We make allowances by juggling work assignments to suit.

Charlie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My prayers are with him and his family. We never know when something like this is going to happen to any of us, a real wake up call.
Charlie

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is in our prayers. My wife just lost a close friend today. We can understand the pain they must be going through.

VIPORXXX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like everyone who reads about Bill will be saddened by what
has happened to him and his family. Makes you appreciate all that we have. I will say a prayer before dinner tonight for him.
Now...I think I'll give my 3 boys a hug.

BJ MOTORS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our thoughts go out to Bill and his wife. Keep us updated on his condition. Bill if your listening your in our thoughts and prayers.GET WELL SOON!

Reaction score
Bill -
Thanks for allowing us all to endure the sad news. We share in your pain and it saddens us all to imagine a twenty-five year old man (to his wife and family he's still a baby) to encounter a devastating blow.

I understand completely, and in reality this is not an easy situation overcome. But, whatever the outcome, I promise you there will be some good that will evolve.

Our thoughts and prayer go out to all of you ....
Doug

Tom Friend

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My prayers too, go out for his healing, as well as comfort to all his family and friends.

On a related note- if you exhibit any of the symptoms- let someone else drive you to the nearest emergency room ASAP.
* Persistent headache
* narrowing of vision (tunnel vision)
* loss of peripheral vision
* darkening of vision without losing consciouceness

I am not a doctor and I don't play one on TV, so if you do, please correct this list as you see fit.

We almost lost a subcontractor under our house when it was being built in 1990. He was running propane plumbing under the house when his anurism blew. I found him under the house dazed and confused- paralized on one side. An ambulance, 2 fire engines and a helicopter ride later, he was at the best trauma center in the state. Yes, he is all better now, I hear.

BigGar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is my first post here on this board. I do not know this young man, but will keep him and his loved ones in my thoughts and prayers.
Gar

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Being a father and husband myself, words can't describe what that family and the Apex family must be feeling. My family and I are saddened by this news and would like to offer our sincere wishes for Bill to make a speedy recovery!

Tom Welch

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Thanks for all your support and prayers, guys and gals. It really is nice to have an "extended Viper family" around the world!
I haven't heard any new news on Bill's condition as of yet, but I'll keep you posted. Keep up the positive thoughts! We truly thank you for it.
I've had some local people who know Bill ask about sending flowers. Unfortunately, the critical care unit where he is doesn't accept flowers. However, if you desire, you can send them to his home, which is:
The Harts
171 Avalon Drive
Los Altos, CA 94022

Status
Not open for further replies.