1998 Viper parts catalog

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS">I also have been trying to acquire either a parts lookup book or the parts lookup CD-ROM. Anyone have any ideas?</FONT f>

Reaction score
Parts Microfiche etc used by your friendly Dodge dealer I believe are still considered property of DaimlerChrysler Corp and are not available to the general public. If you have a "in" with your dealer, maybe they might part with a old set on the qt, otherwise, your best bet is a body shop estimating book or CD ROM. for general parts. You will always be plagued by obsolete and multiple superseded part numbers unless you get monthly updates.
Steve, is it possible that what you saw was a "MoPar Performance parts cataloge"?

Henry Cone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did find a '97 parts catalogue on eBay and have been using it for some time. It is very helpful as I typically can give my parts guy a P/N that is at least a good starting point. Many times the P/N has been updated but he can track down the latest P/N if he has a valid P/N to start from.

I have never found a parts catalogue newer than '97 though I have been looking for a long time. It's not really that big an issue for us as both our cars are '96's...

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a set of Viper parts catalog Micro-fiche for 1997-1998.

there are 4 micro-fiches and part # for it: 12-30-98 (must be the date)

You can buy micro-fiche from any dealers,they are NOT "property of the manufacturer".

I bought a small portable micro-fiche reader years ago and use it all the time.

Most of the European Manufactures don't want you the customer to have their part "book" and service manual,but since that by law thay have to sell it to you,what they do is,beside being a CD-ROM,sell it at an VERY high price.

Talk about $800 for my 01 Jaguar XJR service manual.
I got mine free from my part manager since they get a new update every 6 months.

The good thing about knowing the part # of what you want to order is that usually the part guy will give you a better price.

Luc.00GTS