New Viper Commercial

Venom Lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just saw a commercial on TV that featured some red Vipers spinning around in 360's and flying through the air. Anyone else see this commercial? I only caught a glimpse of it and the audio was off since I was at a family event. Anyway, looked pretty cool. I'll have to try that spinning through the air trick in my '01....
laugh.gif
J/K.

Is there any way to get a video/DVD copy of this commercial?

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw the same commerical Fri night while at dinner (it was during one of the college football games, methinks).

It was definitely a dodge commercial. It had all the dodge cars racing each other and the viper flying over them (spinning 360 deg) and then landing in front. Then they have a pic of the entire dodge product line in line with the Viper at the front.

It was a pretty cool commerical. Didn't hear the sound, though.

JD

BobK898

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just saw what you're talking about, it is a Dodge commercial. There is a video game commercial that shows a Viper that is running now also.

OP
OP
V

Venom Lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bob,

Good to hear from you! The creampuff is running great! I was afraid it felt a little slow, but I think the difference is the 3.07 stock gear vs. the 3.55 that I am used to. Got a decent dyno run: 426 rwhp / 459 rwtq with the mods listed in the signature. It's *******-like in color. What can I say, it's a fine creampuff!
smile.gif

How goes it with your red creampuff?

BobK898

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike remember, the cream rises to the top. Your numbers are essentially the same as mine (424,459) and we have identical mods. Though I haven't put it on the dyno since adding the Corsas, my numbes are with the smooth tubes and filters. It will be interesting to see if the Corsas added anything (maybe that 2 HP edge you have). BTW Mike, I thought you were going to put the "******* Man" as your new avatar.
smile.gif

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by revvlimiter:
There used to be a great site called adcritic.com that would have all these on there, but it looks like it went under. Does anyone know of any other similar sites? I saw that commercial once, and it was pretty cool. Now, can RT/10 fly like that too or is it just the GTS?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It went away because it could no longer battle the copyright laws it was violating.....

OP
OP
V

Venom Lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jay Herbert:
It went away because it could no longer battle the copyright laws it was violating.....

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So, Jay, the question still remains -- is there any way for VCA members to get a copy of this commercial? We all got videos of the magic carpet ride commercial 2 yrs ago. I'd love a video of this one!

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They played the commercial last night during the Orange Bowl. I would wager to say that it might also air tonight on the Rose Bowl telecast. Last night I saw it twice during the game.

For those that want a copy, there is a good chance that those who attend VOI will have access to a copy???????

shawalka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I have some kind of psychic power, because I've seen that commercial twice, both time it came on just a few seconds after I opened up the VCA forums. Hmmm...
And I guess I'll be the odd ball here, but the commercial wasn't all that great to me. It was nice to see the Viper again on mainstream TV, but the whole barrelroll jump just made me think that the Viper is a toy more than a performance machine. Although this commercial was for Pontiac, I really liked the one they did with the TransAm at a stoplight taking off and all the cool effects. That commercial gave a good sense of power and excitement. If they ever do something like that with a Viper, I'll be impressed. Have a good one.

Performin Norman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys won't believe this. After reading all of these posts I decided to go look at my weekly VHS tape that I set to record shows every week. I backed the tape about 1 hour from the end just to see what I had taped and low and behold, I found a Football bowl game. Remembering that someone said they saw the commercial during one of these shows. I backed the tape up to where it first started recording the football games and sure enough, I have the commercial taped.

Its great. The ending is similar to the part in "The Fast and the Furious".

Thanks for the heads up guys. If I didn't read the posts here I would have taped right over it. hahaha

MtHam ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Performin' Normin,

So what are you waiting for, man? Digitize that puppy and post it where your viper lovin' bretheren can behold (and download ;-)

I think a video capture card with software is ~$100, and just think you can depreciate it over use of escapades with opentrack / strip / smokey-burnouts / wife / kids / grandkids etc.

Eric

OP
OP
V

Venom Lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Norman,
If you can't digitize it, are you equipped to copy it on VHS? If so, I will mail you the blank tape and stamped self-addressed return envelope. I'm serious! Let me know.

Performin Norman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You ARE the man. Thanks. Saved me a lot of work.

Uh oh, I can't get it to download. I hope it is just on my end. It starts to download a few percent and just stops. Did it work for anyone else?

OP
OP
V

Venom Lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brooks,

Thanks for taking the time to do that. I got the movie to download, but when I go to play, I see nothing, even though according to the "progress indicator" along the bottom, the movie is playing. I also have no audio. I guess this means I don't have Quicktime, even though the application seemed to start up? If that's the problem, do you know how I get Quicktime?

(Beggars can't be choosers, but I don't suppose there's an easy way to translate that mov file into mpg????)

BigsViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It ran for me no problem, but I have quicktime and cable. However I watched it streaming on Brook's site, did not see an option to download and didn't see any reference to quicktime, except the Apple logo at the bottom.

Here's where you can get Quicktime:

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/buy/

Thanks Brooks! The folks on this board can do anything!!!
cool.gif

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brooks, I was able to click on the file and view the commercial, but I am not able to use "save target as" to save it to my hard drive for future viewing. Any way I can get this to save?

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are running Windows and you cache your web files (it does as a default), go to your Windows folder, then Temporary Internet Files folder and you will find it (most likely with the "Q" logo for QuickTime). It should name itself as "viperspincommercial[1]". Cut or copy it from that directory and paste it where ever you want to save it. Worked for me!

Oh, and go frame by frame during the Viper barrel roll. If I am not mistaken, his parking brake is pulled up...
laugh.gif

Chris

OP
OP
V

Venom Lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After it downloaded, I saved the file by right-clicking on the screen area and doing a "save as". Don't know if that will work on your computer or not. Once I did that, I launched the saved file, and under "help" I did About Movie Player to learn that it was Quicktime.

Thanks for the advice on how to download Quicktime. I will try it this afternoon!

P.S., if the parking brake was up, does that mean they didn't really barrel-roll the Viper?
smile.gif