2500 RPM max, is that hard to do!

RonC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ha Ha Ha! Well I got 850 miles in 9 days.. NINE DAYS! Lets see the trip form Phoenix to Tucson, the urrr.. scenic route! Oops gotta to to the store..long way around. What..want a ride??. SURE! Oops 100 miles, that was a long ride, hope you enjoyed it! Oh oh trip back to Phoenix for the VCA picnic. Hmm lets take the scenic route back to Tucson....

See it is easy to get the miles!

Ron

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I just bought another Viper & I'm trying to follow the break in rules too. It's extreemly hard, for me anyway, to drive under 2500 rpm! I don't see how anyone could do it.

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roland,

Road trip is the answer. When we picked our car up at the factory and drove back to the UP and up to Copper Harbor and back home----it was just about done. We did that in 3 days or so. I don't think I could have dragged it out much more than that. There was still snow on the ground, but the roads were dry that week end. I started getting rambunctious at a little over 900 miles.

Steve

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my goal when I buy mine new in manny many years (depressing) is to do the break in period in one day, yes one day. Of course with the oil changes as well.

I am crazy.

Craig

Roland L-Ocala FL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AAArrrggg, another day of lousy cold weather in Michigan, and rain and snow to boot, and no more miles on the car! When will this torture ever end? Gotta go out tomorrow and put some more miles on the car. I keep asking my wife "Do you want to go for a ride?" about every evening I can get the car out. We go to K-Mart, the milk runs, all that stuff, I gotta go for a longer trip this weekend, or the miles won't ever rack up. I try not to hold the speed steady, but take the back roads and shift a bit up to 2500, then back down to 1500 rpm, then back up to 2500 rpm. It seems from the Arrow letter that they don't want you to hold the rpms steady, but rather vary the speed a bit up and then back down. Is that the way you guys see it too?

Roland L-Ocala FL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have just put the first 100 miles or so on the car since the Arrow rebuild and am following the Arrow break in letter. Try driving up to 2500 rpm and no higher for 200 miles! Yikes, it is very hard to do, but I want to break it in exactly how the instructions state. The next 200 miles goes up to 3500 rpm, then up another notch every 200 miles till max rpm. C'mon 1000 miles, I've never been so anxious to put the miles on the car till now!

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score
bounce.gif
ROAD TRIP!
bounce.gif

laugh.gif

2tall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ronald, I feel your pain. I had to do the same thing last week.

I drove from detroit to kalamzoo just to get over that period.

Of course, the next 200 isn't fun either, but after that... well let's just say that during normal driving in a Viper, 4000 RPM and higher is pretty much just acedemic...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper