Viper Sighting in Prince Frederick, Maryland

Kevin Stitely

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I happend to be in Prince Frederick, MD on Monday evening and noticed a black RT/10 in the Safeway parking lot. If the owner is cruising the board, pls respond with your name and number. Vipers are few and far between in southern MD.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got a black 94 and I live in Southern Maryland, St Mary's County. I had my car at the Dodge dealer in Prince Frederick lsat week. It might have been me but I don't remember stopping at the Safeway.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I used to merchandise for Safeway. D.C. - Baltimore - Norfolk was my territory boundaries. Take my advice don't buy from Safeway south of 50 or downtown D.C. (except Waldorf and Edgewater have good ones) I could seriously ill you with some of my stories.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was probably my car. I did drop my black 94 at the Prince Frederick Dodge dealer, Ralph's Dodge, on Monday afternoon at about 5PM. They had to aim the headlights that they charged me for but didn't do on the state inspection and they left the cotter pins out of the tie rod ends and they did a four wheel allignment that left the steering wheel pointing a little left. Perhaps they needed to road test it after the re-alignment. The car had the soft top on it that day.
If it was parked at the Safeway store I'm not surprised. These are the guys who backed a truck into the car when they had it last month. It had to be repainted and they gave me a "deal" where they paid for it all but $1k that I had to pay. Perhaps I got a deal, I don't know. I got a repaint job and the car was in the paint shop for two weeks. They charged me $5,500 for the mechanical work that they did and I can't argue too much about that. It needed quite a bit of fix up work and I told them to just go through and do what was needed. Their estimate was about right for the final cost. However, when they damaged the car they started telling me what a piece of crap the car was and how they were not responsible for doing anything but painting the hood. I probably could have taken them to small claims but what would I get in the long run? Their manager told me that my high miles 94 was worth "less than $10k" and I should be happy to get it repainted. They are very lucky that it wasn't some new Viper that they hit. I would steer clear of these guys. They are stupid and incompetent.

jeffdai

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also have a black rt/10 and live in st marys
smile.gif
toward golden beach, suprised there is two black vipers right in st marys
smile.gif

OP
OP
K

Kevin Stitely

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone who posted a reply. As for the snake owners in Southern MD, what do you guys do for entertainment on the weekends? I know Southern MD Hot Rod Assn. sponsors a car show every weekend in Prince Frederick starting in early May. I for one wouldn't mind flexing a little muscle on the rustangs, ricers, and vette boyz.

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope all you southern MD guys are coming out for the Viper/Vette shootout at MIR this saturday (5/3) at 9 am!

jeffdai

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it on Saturday nights usually? let me know when you guys are headed up there and ill make it up there also. I still need to join the VCA garya so i can go to the events!!! How many of your guys are going to mir? Is there anyway to sign up the the vca right there?

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jeffdai:
Is it on Saturday nights usually? let me know when you guys are headed up there and ill make it up there also. I still need to join the VCA garya so i can go to the events!!! How many of your guys are going to mir? Is there anyway to sign up the the vca right there?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jeff:

You don't need to be a VCA member to come to the shootout at MIR. Ron Hickey (local MD/VA VCA president) will probably be there to recruit you! There should be quite a good turnout because the weather looks like it's going to cooperate!

OP
OP
K

Kevin Stitely

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave,
Driving time from the bay bridge is approx. 90 minutes depending on what route you take, 50 to 301 through waldorf or 2 to 4 towards solomons island. For a detailed map, go to mapquest and enter in your starting and ending addresses.

In the meantime, I'll try to dig something up.

BTW, do you work around Annapolis? I'm there everyday at USinternetworking, Inc located at 2500 Riva Road.

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hemi:
Saturday is 5/4, not 5/3. Just in case somebody gets confused and shows up on Friday morning
redface.gif

Anyone have directions to MIR? About how far is that from rt50 at the bay bridge?

-Dave Lizmi

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OOOOOPS!!!! Thanks Dave! Saturday, May 4th at MIR. Here's a link to MIR's directions:

MIR

It's about 1 1/2 hours from the Bay Bridge to MIR.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Heres a thought, why don't we all just caravan down? We can all meet at that hotel on 301/50 split. Get some unhealth food at McDs, get some go-go juice at the exxon and travel down together. Sound like a plan?

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 94 RT has 102k on the car. Only 8k on the present engine. I got a good deal on the car when I bought it in Feb. I've replaced almost all the interior, seats, dash. Then new side curtains, soft and hard top, paint job, polished wheels from a 97 GTS are on the way. Almost everything from ebay. Lots of fix up mechanical work from the Dodge dealer. Ballenger 3" mufflers behind the stock cats make it sound good. I may have the highest miles Viper on record. I've never had anyone claim more. I don't know if I would have been better off buying a lower miles one to start with. I paid $25k for this one and drove it home, froze my butt.

grayman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do any of you Mechanicsville guys have cars left after that tornado? Holy !@#$%. Can not believe the devastation. Talk about worried. Blew the windows out of my garage and put glass all over the snake. Luckily it was under cover and the garage roof held. Youd think we lived in Kansas or something. Anyways, all is OK. Will probably make it to PF car show in front of KMART but not to MIR. Good luck.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by joe117:
I paid $25k for this one and drove it home, froze my butt.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you happen across another at that price let me know okay.
smile.gif

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Well so far I haven't heard much of a response. I'm planning on bringing my Impala SS out (which I know will clash with the vipers.)

I'll be coming from Rehoboth so I should, unless an unscheduled track supervisor meeting takes place, be at the Bay Bridge McDonalds at 6:45 - 7ish. I'll leave there no later than 7:15 and go straight to the 301 Wal Mart parking Lot (8ish.) We'll leave there by 8:30-8:45 and head as a group to MIR.

For those joining in my number is 3027457797. You can call me if you're running late. There is no posted info on this event on the MIR WebPages so if you're competing you may have to show up earlier.

Looks to be an interesting way to meet up with local friends and have a good time. Hope to see you there.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, if I add up all the $ that went into it so far it looks like this,
$25,000 car
$1,000 almost new seats, vca classified
$1,000 paint job, my part of it.
$5,500 mechanical work at dealer consisting of at least these things, steering rack, shifter mechanism, flywhl/total clutch, all clutch hydraulics, total brk/clutch pedal assy, total park brk assy, 4 whl allignment, clutch/start interlock, rear main seal, oil cooler lines, State inspection, headlighht aim, and a great big oil change/filter.
$350 new plastic dash and interior parts, Mopar
$1,800 polished 97 wheels and tires, ebay
$600 almost new soft top and curtains
$400 rotors
$1,600 hard top, vca classified
$500 exhaust, parts rack
That comes to $37,750
I sold the old seats, soft top, curtains on ebay so lets call it $37,000. I probably could have bought a fairly good one for that much. I figure that the dealer ripped me but even if I had done all of it myself it would have cost perhaps $2k or so. That wouldn't change things much, I still paid alot for the car in the long run and it has 102k miles.

jeffdai

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We got really lucky, we live toward golden beach and didnt have anything at all get messed up, even luckier our shop is across the street from mckays in charlotte hall, and my dad has his 1967 427-435 corvette and his 1961 fuel injected big brake corvettes inside the building and nothing got messed up their either, i figured for sure something would get screwed up there being that close to 231. Looking at the damage at a lot of the places im suprised more people didnt end up getting killed in it.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Hmmm *breaks out calculator* . . . .

Nope, thats still outta my range.

You must be registered for see images
But I found one hack of a great deal yesterday. Hopefully no one else will find out about it until xmas.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4