battery location in 93 rt?????

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vipermad is correct.
Take off drivers side rear wheel and the access panel is all the way to the back of the wheel well. In fact four of the bolts bolt onto the rear body panel in that area.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A little history -

The '92- early '93 had a rear-center mounted battery. When they started exporting cars that had rear exhaust, the battery was directly above the mufflers and had to be moved. So they flip a coin and say which side do we put it on now? Coin says right, but oops, that's the side the fuel filler is on. Can't have spark sources near there. So, the battery gets wedged behind the driver's side rear tire (great for roundy-round racing, but sucky for road racing corner weights). So, why don't we put the fuel filler on the other fender? Tooling cost for both the fender and the gas tank. Along comes the GTS and a chance to get the corner weights right and what happens? Let's keep the same gas tank for both GTS and RT/10. SS, DD. Ever try to adjust the toe on your rear tires? Piece of cake on the right side, PITA on the left because of the battery blockout cover.

SPARKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 1993viperrt:
can anyone tell me where my battery is located in my 93 viper?
my manual says its located in the truck floor,it states there
should be a small panel to remove.however i dont see this on my
car.my car doesnt have the fender antena so i dont think its a early 93.thanks for the help
bill

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I HAVE A 94 AND YOU CAN SEE IT UNDERNEATH THE LEFT BACK WHEEL. CRAWL UNDER THE CAR AND YOU SHOULD SEE IT.

AndyR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is where the 92-early 93 battery is placed.
Picture taken from below-behind.

BatteryUndera.JPG

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper