New Owner Questions

Drmcar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a new owner of a '97 GTS Stock I have two questions. 1) what should the cold tire pressure be and 2) how do I set the clock? Thanks BTW No owners manual as yet.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you have OE MXX-3 Pilots, set at 29 x 4 corners.

If You have Pilot sports, go with 32 x 4

Did you order an owners manual from this site as a VCA member?

If you need any coaching, just call !

Setting the clock is easy. See the H and M settings above the station presets 4 and 6?

-Key On to ACC
-HOLD DOWN the CLOCK button til time flashes
-Touch the H (4) key to advance Hours
-touch the M (6) key to advance minutes.
-When correct, touch CLOCK again.

-TIME FOR A DRIVE !!!!!!

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drmcar...

Congrats and welcome
smile.gif

Post some pics of the car when you can...I love your color choice.

No Flame Intended...Just Observation,
CStegall

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
cstegal,

You realize that by telling this guy you love the color you are flaming everyone with a different color? I'm so sick of your constant flaming of other members
laugh.gif

DrmCar,

One word of advice... the Viper ***** every groove and niblet on the road and can be a handful to drive. If you want to make it a little less twitchy, try putting up the air pressure in the tires. I ran mine at 34 at all 4 corners (cold) and it did WONDERS for the handling, making a car I used to get frustrated driving sometimes into one that was a joy to drive.

Who'da thunk it?

BWoodbury

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cstegall:

Drmcar...

I love your color choice.

No Flame Intended...Just Observation,
CStegall
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dude, you must be physic. How can you tell if he has a Plain Jane Red one or an oh so cool Blue with White Stripes?
smile.gif

Dream Machine

Enthusiast
Reaction score
did any of you ever feel when you first got your viper that is was nothing but a headache? no flame intended...but based on my experience thusfar...I love it, but I want the headache to go away.
smile.gif

2tall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Headache? Hmm... let's see.

Seat belt light doesn't go off, needs a new fuel pump (bum from the factory - gotta love the "hand built" Vipers
smile.gif
), heat shield not attached correctly which gives a rattle, an intermitent high pitched whine...oh, and a big clunk sometimes when downshifting...

Nope. I drive it 24/7 and I wouldn't have it any other way! (well, maybe a Ferrari 360 or Lambo M or MB SL55 AMG for a second car...)

smile.gif

Lovin' it!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JonB - PartsRack:
If you have OE MXX-3 Pilots, set at 29 x 4 corners.
If You have Pilot sports, go with 32 x 4
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jon:

I'm surprised that you recommend 32 PSI for the Pilot Sports. If I'm not mistaken, and I often am, the "stated" pressure is 29. Why the difference?

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HEY DIXTER,That was good advice ! Just bought a GTS, could not find my F/N manual either .... Checked behind seat...surprised... it was there .!!! If I had the manual I would have known there were back seat pouches!!! Thanks...AL...00PROWLER...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth