VIPER STOLEN IN ONTARIO LAST NIGHT

Mike Adams

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got a call from a customer of mine this morning he informed me that last night his 1998 Red GTS was stolen out of his garage. If anyone here's of any parts for sale let me know or car that sound suspicious. He had a red GTS with the heads ported and polished, 1 3/4 headers, B&B cat back system, t&D roller rockers, A multi axis wing, tinted rear windows with a Ontario VIPEME plate.

He also had ACR wheels, Penske racing shock.

Thanks

Mike Adams

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
That thing's in Mexico by now. I'll keep my eye out on the parter sites....

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A guy here had his car stripped of wheels recently. He went on eBay and found them for sale (even documented the little chip on one rim he knew about). Contacted police and when the setup the "buy", the thief was busted.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't blend in. My guess is it's being joy driven and will show up somewhere. Too hard to hide..

Perhaps a VIN number would help locating it?

Gerald

OP
OP
Mike Adams

Mike Adams

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They stole his porche, broke in his truck stole his stereo, and stole the viper !!!!!!!

Like to see these guys caught

Thanks

Mike Adams

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike that really *****. What area was it in? T.O.? around you?

Maybe there will be some talk about it at the mopar show in missisauga this weekend.

hope all goes well.

Craig

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mike Adams:
I got a call from a customer of mine this morning he informed me that last night his 1998 Red GTS was stolen out of his garage. If anyone here's of any parts for sale let me know or car that sound suspicious. He had a red GTS with the heads ported and polished, 1 3/4 headers, B cat back system, t roller rockers, A multi axis wing, tinted rear windows with a Ontario VIPEME plate.

He also had ACR wheels, Penske racing shock.

Thanks

Mike Adams

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Viper theft seems rare. I can't believe they got it out of his own garage though w/o him hearing it. With those mods someone should've heard something. Unless he wasn't home.

OP
OP
Mike Adams

Mike Adams

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are kept at his farm. He lives a couple of miles away. The place is really secure. These guys are professionals. Thay also got a 99 Porche

Tiepilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Ducati 750 Paso was stolen some years ago and I notified EVERY Ducati shop in the southeast.
Guess what, a few days later I got a call from a LOCAL Ducati shop about a guy needing a new ignition switch for a 750 Paso!!
laugh.gif

The shop got the guy's name and phone number to call him back about the part.
I gave the info to the Officer that took the original report. The guy was picked up, my bike was returned with almost $1000.00 worth of damage.

I still laugh at the stupidity of calling a local dealer to buy parts for a locally stolen bike. Like the Viper there were not at the time many Ducati's around.
Hopefully these low-lifes don't have a clue as to how rare a car they have stolen.
Stupidity always catches a thief.
bounce.gif

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AKViper:
Hopefully this isn't one of the groups that specialize in "out of country" orders. Some wealthy foreigner will place an order for an exotic sports car and these thieves will procure one, place it in a shipping connex and have it ready to go at the shipyard/transport in 24hrs or less.
Customs has stated this is a big problem for the U.S.
That is why the cars just seem to "vanish" into thin air. Maybe he could check with all the local shipping companies concerning his vehicle.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If they were that wealthy why wouldn't they buy a Viper?

VENM8R

Viper Owner
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MichaelP:
If they were that wealthy why wouldn't they buy a Viper?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

To them, they are "buying" the viper or what ever car they have ordered.
It is so hard in some countries to purchase a car like these through normal channels that some knowingly and possibly some unkowningly pay for a car this way. There was a big expose on this problem awhile back and they had undercover footage at a shipyard or two. Very interesting, yet disturbing.

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need all the 98 parts I can get. At least that was what the latest Mopar headquarters mailer urged me to do at 10% off regular price. I'll keep my eye out south of the border for it.

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I was buying Ferrari parts, they usually asked for a valid VIN number. It would show that the model and year matched and if the car was stolen. This does not help much if I owned a "valid" car and stole one for parts. But every little bit helps to track these fools.

When I purchased my 98 Red GTS (No comments please...I paid for mine), I called customer service at DC and notified them of the change. This way I will be notified of recalls and have one more trace if something happens to my car.

It is really stupid to steal a high profile car like this. They stand out like a sore thumb. That is why I can never take mine to the strip clubs
smile.gif

tmcalist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had an Intertrak added to my car a few weeks ago. It will call, page and/or email you if your alarm goes off, if the car is towed, if the car is moved, etc. Of course if someone wants your car bad enough they will get it. The nice thing about this is that it has a GPS with it's own power supply so you can call and tell the cops the location of the car if it goes missing. I'm not a salesman but with 2 postings about items/cars being stolen, I thought I would let you folks know what I did. check out their website at www.trackmenow.com

VENM8R

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hopefully this isn't one of the groups that specialize in "out of country" orders. Some wealthy foreigner will place an order for an exotic sports car and these thieves will procure one, place it in a shipping connex and have it ready to go at the shipyard/transport in 24hrs or less.
Customs has stated this is a big problem for the U.S.
That is why the cars just seem to "vanish" into thin air. Maybe he could check with all the local shipping companies concerning his vehicle.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JMcGuire:
was a large S-series Mercedes sedan strapped to the front of a cigarette boat<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That seaspray can't be good for the frame.......

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got a call from a customer of mine this morning he informed me that last night his 1998 Red GTS was stolen out of his garage. If anyone here's of any parts for sale let me know or car that sound suspicious. He had a red GTS with the heads ported and polished, 1 3/4 headers, B&amp;B cat back system, t&amp;D roller rockers, A multi axis wing, tinted rear windows with a Ontario VIPEME plate. &lt;P&gt;&lt;BR&gt;He also had ACR wheels, Penske racing shock.&lt;P&gt;Thanks&lt;P&gt;Mike Adams&lt;BR&gt;&lt;P&gt;

Three years later... any updates on what has happened? Did the bad guys get caught? Did the insurance pay out? Also, has anyone else had their snake stolen?

Burt G

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a interesting question. Has anyone given consideration to how many anonymous users likely up to no good are surfing our site looking at our avatars &amp; sig to see what mods we've had performed &amp; How appealing that particular Viper could be especially for someone who's looking to steel one? Sure makes crime shopping easy seeing most of us list our possessions &amp; general locations. Maybe I'm over reacting on this topic but its just something
to think about. :confused:

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always said never put your plates on here.Very easy to locate information from them.Many people leave there cells and license plate information for all to read.Not a good idea...

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a interesting question. Has anyone given consideration to how many anonymous users likely up to no good are surfing our site looking at our avatars &amp; sig to see what mods we've had performed &amp; How appealing that particular Viper could be especially for someone who's looking to steel one? Sure makes crime shopping easy seeing most of us list our possessions &amp; general locations. Maybe I'm over reacting on this topic but its just something

scary but very true.

im not worried tho I got a pitt bull, a Rotwhiler and a gun lol

TCKTPLZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score

scary but very true.

That red RT/10 in your avatar is HAWT. I'd like to add some white stripes to that and have me a matching pair. Any chance you won't be home this weekend? :p

I really hope they found this guy's car. I think we all believe that a movie like Gone in 60 seconds is very entertaining, but not when it is one of your cars getting boosted. :(