help-bird poop on gts

randall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
noticed today bird **** on my hood,removed it and noticed the paint looks swollen!
frown.gif
any sugestions on how to smooth out?already tried polish w/ out sucsess.
frown.gif
help!help!

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't take it!!!
I would FIND that **** bird, have someone hold it down and lay a few good logs right it's head and see how he likes it!! It's personal now!

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try wetting a small spot on a towel with Vinegar and rub the area (if it left a stain)....
Let me know if that worked..
If not, wet sand it with like 2000 grit, the get some polishing compound like 3M. Don't worry, it's not as hard as it looks, pretty simple actually. Might want to practice on a ****** you have or something..

Gerald

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's one more reason to always leave your car in the garage;-)
Some of you guys wax and worry so much...perhaps the bird doody just made a mark in your seven coats of wax.
Seriously, I wouldn't do any amateur sanding. Take it to a shop for an opinion first.

HP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Originally posted by Gerald:

If not, wet sand it with like 2000 grit, the get some polishing compound like 3M. Don't worry, it's not as hard as it looks, pretty simple actually. Might want to practice on a ****** you have or something..

DITTO! This guy knows what he's talking about. But make sure area has been cleaned and left to dry for a day, so swelling has stablized.Type your text here

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the mark left behind looks kind of crazed, I have used Blue Coral Scratch remover with great success. It may take several applications, but it has never hurt my paint. Follow up with Zaino.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper