Iowa Viper Days.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After spending all day Wednesday preparing for the trip I finally left Tampa at 2am with the flu. Clinching the whole way, I ran into a typical Midwestern 24 hour rainstorm Thursday night as soon as I crossed onto the Afghanish-like roads of Illinois.

After sleeping in the backseat early morning Friday, driving halfway through Kansas, my trailer blows a tire in a freezing downpour of rain. Rim and tire ruined. No spare trailer tire, no trailer tools, just some good ol’ down-to-earth Midwestern hospitality and I was on my way in a few hours.

Got to the track by 4pm Friday. The rains passed and the afternoon was sunny and perfect. Courtney was good enough to let me on for the final practice session.

Spent Friday night in DesMoines with my Bro, his wife and my 6 month old nephew.

Back at the track (2 hour drive from Des Moines) Saturday 7:30 am. What a great day. Met some great folks. Chris (can’t close a deal with a ******* girl because he’s married) Marshall, Performan (AB is the other guy) Norman, and a few of the other KC Krazies. Thanks to all of you for coming up. I loved seeing those Vipers all lined up, even if they are garage queens.
smile.gif
It was Vipermad heaven.

Brother Jay showed up Saturday and took video that I’ll post later.

Bill ****, thanks for the cigar. You do a great job as announcer. The crowd loved ya. This guy is worth the price of admission.

Tony Estes, yes the SRT looks better in person, and it sounds great, but still, I guess it’s hard to improve on a 10. Now that CC…I hope they’re still building them when I’m able to afford one.

BSn’ with Gary Lashinsky.

No Janni…sob* <asterick is a teardrop as in cry, not SOB.

Thanks to Alan, Jeff and Greg for their help and tools. These guys are what Viper Days is all about. We had our own “budget” corner of the paddock, away from the big rigs. My beat up Viper and $500 POS trailer was the first thing the spectators saw and they still kept coming. They must’ve seen past the redneck to those massive car haulers and decided everything was ok. Next year Courtney and gang will probably hide me from view.

Gotta get a nicer trailer.

Courtney and gang do a great job. It must be an organizational nightmare but you folks pull it off flawlessly. I hope this keeps going for many years.

The fans were the best. Several thousand on Saturday and more on Sunday. They made the event so much more. All of them very friendly and a few hot babes too. Love them down to earth midwestern corn fed women. Looking forward to next year.

One fan I want to give special thanks to is a young gun and future Viper owner named Eric. At the end of the day Saturday, when everyone was going to Woodhouse for dinner, I was busy with a brake job. Eric came by and helped. Ended up saving me lots of time and a bad back. He returned on Sunday as my crew chief in exchange for some laps at speed. He was a big help, thanks again and I hope to see you there next year – same deal.

Left Des Moines Tuesday morning and pulled into Tampa at 1:30 this afternoon. Gonna sleep well tonight.

That’s it. This is some fun stuff. One of these days I’m gonna hit a full Viper Days season, including the West Coast.

Thanks again to everybody that attends, participates and organizes Viper Days. I look forward to every one of them.

Performin Norman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck,

It was great to meet you in person. Too bad we didn't have time to grab a drink before we headed back. We'll catch you next time.

Signed,

AbNorman. hahaha

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth