AMSOIL in your Vipers ??

JH23JOB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was wondering if any of you use Amsoil ?? Just wondering if it makes a difference for the added cost over Mobil 1 ..... How about in the Tranny, and rear ends ?? Anyone ???

VENM8R

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mobil 1 has proven itself over and over for at least 25 years. There was even a test where a motor was run for 1 million miles using Mobil 1 oil and did not show appreciable wear.

It is priced low at WalMart.

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here we go again. I have Amsoil front to back, including grease, oil filter, and air filters. Been using their products for over 26 years with success. They were the first API certified synthetic on the market in 1972. Mobil One came out 3 or 4 yrs. later. I have no problem with Mobil One. I just happen to think it is purely marketing which put their product in the Viper. Do a search on this subject and a little more DD. Apex Motorsports, a reputable tuner for these cars who advertises on this board, uses Amsoil products.

There are differing opinions here on whether synthetics are even the way to go. Some use mineral or synthetic diesel oil for reasons you'll find if you do a search.

Steve

Tiepilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From Previous thread:

"Based on my personal experiance with amsoil in my race car(a porsche) I would stick with the mobil 1"

"I used Amsoil in a D50 RAM truck and in 5K miles it varnished my motor. Heresay is that Amsoil is a wheat (as in cereal grain) based derivative. As with other vegetable based oils, it would probably make for a good furniture varnish!"
lol[1].gif

Reaction score
We use Amsoil exclusively in all our Vipers and Mustangs, and with zero failures or abnormal wear, I can say it's the best oil we've tried. It's the only oil we trust in our customers' race cars, most of which see a LOT of abuse.
We also use Amsoil transmission fluid and gear oil. We have lots of customers out there racing Viper Days events with great success.
I can't comment on the "varnishing" issue with that Dodge truck, but I can say that we'll keep using Amsoil products with no reservations.

AJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
as long as it is fully synthetic oil and is changed regularly, it makes no difference. the rest is marketing hype.

just the voice of experience

alex
02 gts
few other cars

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950