998/999 Houston or Texas Dealers

Matt Houston

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anybody know of a good Houston or Texas dealership for recall repairs 998/999? So far, the couple of shops I've talked with claim ignorance and know nothing of these recalls.Matt

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Matt, you live in a big city so should have no problem. best bet; call D/C and go to recall prompt. they'll ask you the dealer of your choice and send all info to that dealer for you, then they wont be ignorant. My repairs went excellent. they had my snake two days and even did a 3:55, magnecor wires, plugs, tranny service and cooling system service as well as the recal repairs (and I had both front and rear cracking). too much paranoia about the dealers not being qualified enough to do these jobs. rest easy, theyll do em right, its a DC recall and the last thing theyll let happen is a screwup on a recall repair.

OP
OP
M

Matt Houston

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Bryan...
Have you talked with Carlos about the 998/999 recall? If so, what's his take on this mess? Are you going to get Northwest Dodge to inspect and repair the problem?
Matt

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Carlos is the best. On a side note, is that your real name? I ask because I remember a detective show with a guy named Matt Houston about 15 years ago. Would be a pretty cool username too since you live in Houston.
smile.gif

OP
OP
M

Matt Houston

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trey,
Matt is my real 1st name...Houston is my handle...
Thanks for your advice...I've already called Carlos and put my name on the list. Matt

Hot Rod Sue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the best in Texas, the answer is David Weaver at Maxwell Dodge in Austin (512-249-3297). He is worth the drive from anywhere in Texas or even farther.

He performed my 998 recall Monday. I had a small crack on the rear differential bracket so I got the full recall, including removing the fuel tank through the trunk.

David is remarkably knowledgeable. He did a great job with the parts removal, welding, bracketing and re-installation. He took extra care to protect my car’s finish by using towels to mask it off while he was working on it. He showed me the repair areas, as well as took pictures, before and after as he was working. I took a post-recall test drive last night: 75 twisty miles and one smoky burnout. All is right with my Viper.

David puts 110% into any repair he does. He is as meticulous as they come and won’t complete a repair until it is up to his high standards. He has earned many customers from all over Texas for these reasons.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jerry Brajcki at Bluebonnet Motors in New Braunfels has done 3 so far, with 4 more scheduled in the coming weeks. Call 830-606-3463 for an appointment - usually on Wednesdays.

Matt, there have been several threads posted lately with good photos accompanying them. Remember: "a Search Key is a terrible thing to waste
dead.gif
"

Prashant

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Matt, check your mailbox for your new newsletter in a couple days..its has more info about the recall. I spoke will carlos at NW dodge and he has 3 cars he is working on right now. You may also want to give Bill Denton a call over at Allen Samuels dodge on the katy freeway.

OP
OP
M

Matt Houston

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Prashant,

Have you had you recall done yet, or are you waiting until the techs get a little more practice under their tool belt?

Matt
bounce.gif

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper