OFFICIAL SRT-10 POLL!!! THUMBS UP or THUMBS DOWN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wanna hear from EVERYBODY please! Not just the people in the SRT Section! I CAN'T STRESS THAT ENOUGH!!

<FONT size="4">We are 1 Board! 1 Club!!</FONT s><u>

We're all Viper owners and members of the Viper Club of America!</u> Lets sound off on this subject. It's simple. You either like it or you don't. You'd either buy it or you won't. "Great car or IMO DC just dropped the ball on this one." Simple. Remember, we're not talking about a Coupe Version or Competition Coupe. Just the SRT-10. <u>Let's all Vote and do something "constructive" with the results.</u> I hope you find the time to contribute to this poll! I also hope that some find the courage to post their opinion as well. I've heard rumors that some are afraid to speak out against it & others are afraid to stand up for it. This thread is not an SRT Bashing Thread! But if we all think alike then we're not thinking. Thank you. I'll begin.

icon13.gif
= I'm not happy with the SRT-10. The performance is outstanding! What a great job they did there. But the styling IMHO doesn't scream Viper! Therefore I wouldn't purchase this Viper. With no definite plans for a Coup Version, I'm not happy with the SRT-10 representing "Viper".

VENM8R

Viper Owner
Reaction score
SRT-10 will appeal to a larger audience(mainstream), due to its middle of the road styling: sort of a Japenese influence from the Honda S2000 but with 'roids. I am sure they were looking to capture a newer generation of buyer's with this style, while hoping to keep the older crowd also.

I myself do not like it at all. Maybe they should have called it the "Mamushi", as that is more closer to its current design heritage.

Maybe it looks better in person?

(Sneaky message icon defaults to the "note" icon. Meant to have the "thumb down").

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Sheyster & Warren for being the 1st to contribute. Spread the word to your friends please.

So far it's 2-1 against the SRT-10.

Something constructive needs to be done & this is it!

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I voted with my wallet- just bought a 2002 GTS a few weeks ago- not interested in the new body style at all!

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
thumbs down from me...Overall, the car is just NOT A VIPER. they should just call it the SRT-10 FOREVER and be done with it. The performance may be slightly better, (the jury is still out on this one) but what they sacraficed in order to do it is nuts! they killed the looks, no coupe, cheapened up the car drastically, engine is ugly as sin, and in my opinion underperforms for what it SHOULD have. I have the feeling a gen 2 viper engine bored to 8.3, new intake tract, and headers (basically whats done to new engine in a nutshell) would definatly outperform the new style engine. Also, with the weight of that Gen 2 ACR I saw posted around here, the SRT would be HEAVIER!

GONABITE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
King GTS,

Definetely no flame intended great idea, but you say lets do something constructive with this. Is DC really going to care, listen or even do anything about it?They have to much money into this and they will not retool for at least six years. My opinion as with most probably great perfomance numbers! Looks are not appealing at all they went from a drastic exotic look to hey there is another one of those Vipers yeah but it looks like a camaro I liked the old ones better kind of attitude. Maybe it will grow but it does not scream look at me I am different. Thumbs down, I'll keep my GTS.

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you for contributing to the poll AK Viper and SSunburn!

With your voice, the poll currently stands 4-1 against the SRT-10.

XLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The performance numbers are nice but the looks are so plain it is hard to believe they are going to call it a Viper. I will NOT buy one!!!

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you for your voice Final GTS & GONABITE. With your contribution the poll stands at 6-1 against the SRT.

GONABITE-

To be honest with you. I hope DC does listen. I'm just tired of sitting around doing nothing, ya know? I've bought 3 Vipers in my life & I think my opinion matters. i think my opinion is important. We'll see.

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for contributing MadMaxx, ViperGTS, & XLR8. <u>I will make sure your voices are heard!</u> With your contribution, the poll stands at 9-1 against the SRT-10.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Supposedly DC already listened and that's what they came up with. They didn't take my advice. I would've left it alone for another five or ten years. "Porcha" hasn't changed their butt ugly Volkswagon-like body style in more than thirty years and nobodys complaining about them.

GONABITE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
King GTS,

Yes you are right it is our dollars that purchase these cars, so they should listen but there are people out there with dollars also that will but the SRT as you know. Unfortunately it is the bean counters that rule in the BIG CORPORATE WORLD. So my point sorry, if they build 1,500 a year and thery sell those 1,500 who at DC cares they are sold.

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Chuck for taking the time to contribute! With your voice, the poll stands at 10-1 against the SRT.

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks jcaspar1 (Jeff) for contributing to this poll! I promise you that your voice will be heard but I need your help too. Vote!

With your contribution Jeff, the poll stands at 11-1 against the SRT-10.

PJS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I too voted with my wallet 4 months ago. The reason I bought a new 2002 Yellow RT/10 is because I think the new SRT 10 the True Viper Styling Is Gone. I considered buyiong a new 2003 but after I saw the car I said no way.

I figured the 2002 and earlier Vipers will some day soos be more desiarable to own then the 2003 and up cars.

So my vote is thumbs down.

Matt Houston

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I truly love the SRT!...
Because it will help keep the resale value of my '97 GTS high!
Nothing looks like a GTS coupe and nothing ever will...IT IS A UNIQUE automobile. I like the SRT, but I am not passionate about it,the way I am about the gen II Viper.
rolleyes.gif

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you PJS for your contribution to this poll. I think one person complaining won't make a difference but if we as a group, maturely, vote, someone will listen.

With your voice the poll stands at 12-1 against the SRT-10.

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you for contributing Matt Houston & CNTW84U.

I promise you your voices will be heard. Will it make a difference? That remains to be seen but instead of "whining" we'll try this. I just can't imagine DC not being loyal to the very people who gave them the ability to even make this new Viper.

With your voice, the poll stands at 14-1 against the SRT-10.

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for your contribution Killervipurr. But please erase your thread & vote on the correct one. You started your own instead of replying. There's a reason for a little orginization.
smile.gif

With your vote, the poll stands at 15-1 against the SRT-10.

silverviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I replaced my 99 ACR with an 01 GTS in February. I had the SRT10 certificate, and I still want a convertible someday, can't knock the improvements, but it just didn't do much for me in the oooh-zow-eee department. So I'll keep the 01 GTS until they come up with a comp-coupe for the street or maybe forever....

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks a lot for contributing to the poll garolittle & Silkey! We're all One Club and your voices will definitely be heard.

With your voice, the poll stands at 16-2 against the SRT-10.

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks silverviper for voting! Your opinion counts! Everyone's does!

The poll stands at 17-2 against the SRT-10 with your vote.

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the same power numbers now. I can't say I like the styling. Maybe it will grow on me, but at this point , I think not. There is no substituting for the hourglass shape of our cars. Our cars are radical in design. The new one seems somewhat homogenized

Steve

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I had yet another $70K to drop on viper, it would be a Final Edition GTS...NOT the SRT...what they have done with the styling is criminal...What a travisty. All that pure American performance, dressed in the body of a rice burner. Thumbs down!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadlick32