Headroom: GTS vs RT-10

S

SUN RA KAT

I drove my first Viper GTS and I actually had headroom in it - must have had the adjustable seat lowering kit in it because the other GTS I sat in had less headroom than my head was tall. I'm 6'5" tall, but my legs are are long as my perfectly purportioned 5'9" daughter's legs and my torso is almost as tall as a perfectly purportioned friend who's 7 feet tall! (I started a thread called "Drove a Viper for the first time" that has lots of photos so you can see how I fit in a GTS. I think it's still on page 2 or 3 in this forum.)

How much headroom difference is there between the GTS and the RT-10 with the factory hard top and factory soft top? Would I need to just consider the GTS? If I wanted a convertable would I have to wait for the SRT-10?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The factory double bubble hard top on an RT has about the same head room as a GTS. And the soft top has considerably less, and is really a waste of time.

You will have no problems fitting into an RT with the hard top. The only problem you may have is with your legs, in which case you just get the seat lowering kit.

OP
OP
S

SUN RA KAT

How much of a chance I would be able to fit in a RT-10 with the factory soft top in case I was driving it in the convertable mode and widely scattered thunderstorms found me out and about?
I plan on getting the 2" non adjustable seat lowering kit. My legs fit fine under the dash with the pedals adjusted as far as they adjust away from the driver.

I take it the factory hard top won't fit in the trunk like the soft top does...

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the 2 inch drop you will have no problem fitting. And you may be ok without the drop as well. Just go sit inside one now and see if your head sticks out past the sport bar.

OP
OP
S

SUN RA KAT

The Viper Club of Ohio went to the Findlay, Ohio car show and I went up to Findlay this afternoon and talked with a few of the members. One gentleman let me try out his Graphite RT-10 for size - he has never taken off the hardtop!

I would barely fit in after getting the 2" drop non adjustable seat track and adjusting the seat back with the hardtop and would need 2" more headroom with the soft top than even the 2" drop seat tracks would give me. (I needed 2" more headroom with the hardtop and 4" more headroom where I estimated the soft top would be for those figures.)

So, I've narrowed my search to a new or used GTS (no RT-10
shake.gif
) if I get my Viper soon or maybe the SRT-10 in the '04 model year if I wait. You guys that are shorter than me are lucky that you have your choice of which Viper to drive.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456