Anyone get one of those ultra low clearance, extended reach floor jacks?

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Snake Oyl and others have advertised these amazing jacks - some thing like 3.25" jack height for the 1st 16" of the jack(!)

I was wondering if you can get to the front crossmember right off the getgo!

(I think the next thing you need on one of these ultra low extended reach jacks is a periscope so you can position it. How are you supposed to look that far under the car!)

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I broke down and bought the AC Lifts AC13LHQ. It works as advertised. Pricey little bugger, however ($380)...

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Save yourself the money, look at the Northern Tool low profile (4.5")jack. I bought one over a year ago for $135. It is built like a $500 product.

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do love a bargain, but 4.5" doesn't cut it for racing Vipers. A stock Viper has under 4" of clearance at the jack points, and when you lower the suspension .5"-1" changing wheels becomes a chore -- and you change wheels frequently if you race.

Agreed, however, that for less-frequent use and stock suspension height, that looks like an excellent alternative.

HogWhisperer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a Longacre 3" 2000 lb 5 pumper. My ACR has been dropped 3/4" and no problem getting under it. Since it's aluminum, it's very light and easy to get in and out of the trailer.

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I keep (2) 2X12's available at my home garage and drive up on them. Then use my 30 year old Blackhawk to jack up the car. When out on the raod, I bring the boards with me and use my Walmart Special jack for $75 and raise the car. Guess I'm cheap.

AC

Tomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Griot's Garage prices scare me!

Has anyone purchased one of those ramp style systems that will raise the entire car (wheels sitting on a ramp) no more than about 2 feet? This would be more of a pain just for changing tires for racing, but would be kewl for oil changes/general service/brakes, etc...And it would fit in a standard garage.

Tomer

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235