Question about removing catalytic convertors...

JeremyBlackwell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My buddy and i are doing some mods to our cars today. we went to the muffler shop to get some exhaust work done...i had my muffler deleted, and he is getting his muffler AND cats deleted. Is this the correct order of the stock exhaust on a '96 GTS: headers w/ primary O2 sensor in collector, a flex-pipe in the bend going to the side sills, then i suppose the cat is hidden in the side sill, then a silencer IMMEDIATELY after the cat in the side sill, then the rear Oxygen sensors, then the muffler. Is this the correct order?
we weren't sure if the cats ARE in the side sills or if they are the piece that we though was a flex-pipe. Any hints on the easiest way to remove the side sills if we do have to remove them to gain access to the cats? thanks!
ALSO, He has the Casper Electronics Oxygen sensors simulators to connect to the rear O2 sensors when the cats are removed to prevent the engine light.

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeremy,

Check out the pics here, it will show you which component is the cat >> Corsa Install

Also, use BRASS feeler gauges to remove the plugs from the side sills, they are softer and scratch less...also you will find it quite difficult to put the FIRST screw inside the door BACK in your door sill. You may opt to just leave it out...and it is no problem, there are plenty of other screws to hold the side sills on...but if you do figure out an easy way to get this screw back in, let us all know.

OP
OP
J

JeremyBlackwell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for the help...i was on the phone w/ Chuck Tator, and he gave me some advice on it as well. thanks for your help snake bitten & chuck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper