What were you like the 24 hours before you recieved your first Viper ???

JH23JOB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Were you excited ?? Could you sleep at night ?? Could you possibly think of anything else ?? Just wondering what you were like the 24 hours before you recieved your first Viper...........

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
D) all of the above

smile.gif

MadMaxx

2tall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Busy working my butt off.

I actually didn't think much about it at all until I got home that evening. Then I kind of tripped out for the hour between getting home and arrival.

2002graphiteviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm with the above - worked a sh1tload of hours - trying not to think about it. Then I got to follow the delivery truck all the way home - 5 hour drive... Once the car was off the truck - and in my garage - that is when it hit... Just gauking at it - looking around - going in the house - coming back out to make sure that indeed it was in the garage, etc... It's a great feeling - hang onto it...

SPARKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I WAS VERY EXCITED! MY BESTFRIEND JUST GOT A BRAND NEW CORVETTE. I NEEDED A RIDE TO PICK MY CAR UP AT THE TRANSPORTERS PLACE. HE OFFERED TO TAKE ME. I TOLD HIM I WAS GETTING A 300ZX. WE PULLED UP TO THE PLACE AND SAW IT(94RT) SITTING INSIDE THE BUILDING. HE SAID WHAT IS THAT? I SAID THATS MINE HE SAID BULLS**T!! WE WERE SLOBBERING ALL OVER IT FOR 10 MINUTES! IT WAS THE FIRST TIME I SAW THE CAR BESIDES A PICTURE. I GOT IN THE CAR TO DRIVE IT HOME AND MY FOOT WAS SHAKING SO BAD. IT WAS SO HARD TO PUSH THE CLUTCH IN! EVERYONE I DROVE BY ON THE WAY HOME WAS STARING AT ME. WHO DOESNT LIKE THAT!! NEVER FORGET IT THE REST OF MY LIFE!!

Daffy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't hit me til I went to bed the day before, virtually no sleep, & I was getting over a cold so was not feeling very well. Got up in the morning & had to take a train from MD to NJ, missed the train due the parking lot being under construction, had to take a later train & sit in the train station for hours, dealer picked me up & I saw the car I was scared to death wouldn't be OK, since I hadn't seen it & went through hec to get there (I was thinking it was a bad omen). Well she was beautiful, all of a sudden I felt perfectly well and the day seemed to be one of my best. Drove home 5 hours on the NJ turnpike, in the freezing Jan air, with flurries & threatening weather - and had a horrible face cramp later from 5 hours of smiling! I'll always remember that day with perfect clarity.

Dave.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The one thing I remember is this:

I was driving in my ****** (1989 Buick Park Avenue), following the original owner in the 1998 GTS Silver/Blue back to his house. We needed to finalize some paper work to complete the transaction. As I was following him, I could not stop staring at the car thinking, "I can't believe THAT is going to be my car..".

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Disbelief.

Nov 11, 1999. During the drive back from Detroit I didn’t think anything would ever give me a feeling like this again. That evening I stopped for dinner in Ohio and when I walked out of the restaurant towards my Viper I was still in disbelief. Over time the disbelief turned to realization and gratitude.

Some people will say, “Sheesh, it’s just a car.” But for me it was a dream I had 20 years ago, and a goal I set when I first saw a Viper pass in front of me.

I thank God every day for so many things.

Sorry to get mushy.

HP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Want to experience that 24hrs again? Send your car out for
upgrades, or have some misfortune sideline your Viper(In my case both). Then it's like
Christmas all over again.

jeffdai

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had bought mine while i was on a cruise in the carribean via the ships internet cafe since i found the exact one i was looking for, and picked it up as soon as i got back, was very excited but then again nervous about the car being in as perfect shape as it was supposed to be in, even though it should have been for 5,000 miles kept having this vision of it being junk, was very very happy when i actually got there to pick it up, and it was well worth getting rid of my lt1 corvette to get it!!!

Dream Machine

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had an absolutely horrible time. Test drove the car on a tuesday, agreed to buy on wednesday, signed DMV paperwork thursday, delivery of car supposed to be friday. Dealership couldn't access their dmv site on friday to register the car. Supposed to get the car on saturday. Dealership called me saturday and informed me that it wasn't "cost effective for them to sell me the car at the price they were selling it to me for if I wasn't financing it through them." Nothing in the contract stated that the price was contingent on financing through them. Went down there saturday and presented them with my bank checks. Wouldn't sell me the car. Proceeded to say I was going to take legal action. Monday received a phone call from them with another loan they wanted to offer me at a lower rate. Wound up going with their loan, (this story is without alot of details), took delivery of the car on that tuesday. that was April 9th. Still waiting for a "We Owe" from the dealership on a car manual, mats, and cover. Can't get in touch with my salesman and because of my recent work change haven't had the opportunity to trek down there. They also have to pay the interest that accrued on the loan that I originally took out. Can't wait to see what that's going to be like.

That was my experience.
pissed.gif

Steve Miehe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was fine the night before and even the morning of the vehicle delivery. Went to work and was still doing OK, until about 4 pm., when a call came from the transport driver saying, "How long will it take you to drive from work to your house - I'm parked here with your car." Holy smoke. That's when it hit me that the car is here! Drove home quickly and there it was in the trailer looking cool. Didn't sleep much that evening.........

RSenn94RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my Viper two years ago while I was vacationing at Myrtle Beach, SC. I had been looking for a Viper for about 6 months, but I hadn't found the right one yet. On a Sunday as I was driving into Myrtle Beach on Highway 501, I looked over at the Dodge Dealership and they had a red 1994 RT/10 sitting in their showroom. It had 1,900 miles on it. I had found the one I was looking for. I bought the car on Wednesday but couldn't pick it up until I was leaving to go back home the following Sunday, because I didn't have a place to keep it where I was staying at the beach. That was the slowest vacation I have ever had but it was the only time I wasn't depressed when the vacation was over.

Birvini

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those are great stories except for Dream Machine, that is NOT right!

Even after having the car for over a year it's like Chuck said, "Disbelief."

My fiance and I were being followed by another couple to a gathering that happens every Thursday in Schaumburg. They have a black '94 RT/10 like we do, ours was in the shop. I was driving our new C5. I think the trip up there was about 30 minutes. Out of that 30 minutes, I think my eyes were on the rear view mirror for 25 of them, thinking "Oh my God, that is the coolest car I've ever seen!! I can't believe I own one of those!!!"

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Slept naked in her.After four years TOOFAST NOS has revived those feelings.Be thankfull for you luck and spread the wealth.

tristan rizzi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Platoon just got out of the field in Thailand, and I bought the car over the net in Nov from Thailand. I redeployed to SEAL team One in Jan, and could not sleep so I took the next plane to Chicago and was met by the owner at the airport. I was nervous all the way to his house, and as soon as I saw the car I knew I had made the right decision. I have loved the car ever since (2 years).... but only had the opportunity to put about 600 miles on it since then
frown.gif
now I'm in Japan and my car sits waiting patiently for the next year.

Tristan

toddt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chuck 98 RT/10:
Some people will say, “Sheesh, it’s just a car.” But for me it was a dream I had 20 years ago, and a goal I set when I first saw a Viper pass in front of me.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Soooo.....you're a prophet?
laugh.gif

J/k, just having fun...

I WAS GOING NUTS THE WHOLE WEEK!!!
Waiting for my Credit Union to get the money to the dealer was absolute torture. I had no idea WHEN I would get the car.

Each day I would wake up praying for this to be the day...it was totally nerve wracking!

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LQQK_OUT:
Certainly memorable......
Took the car out along with my girlfriend and we broke it in properly.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hmmmmmmmm...... no comment.

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scared.
Never sat in one.
Wasn't sure of the color combination.
Wasn't sure what options I had.
Never spoke to anyone about the car except the guy that took my money.
Financially really shouldn't have bought it.
When the old guy with a long beard looking like Santa came in a snow/ice storm and backed into the driveway to drop it off into my garage and he opened up the rear door of the trailer, my friend and I stood there and all we could say was HOLY S**T!! I couldn't beleive how wide the car looked and how big the tires were! Of course the wives were in our car ********** becasue we were supposed to be going out to dinner when the guy called and said he was just down the road and lost.
Alot of mixed feelings afterwards, and questioned if I deserved toy like that, but know what? After seeing other things that came up in my life that really sucked, I deserve that an lots more!

Best thing I ever did next to seeing my kids born.

rae661

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not as excited as most and that is the strange part! I bought the car through a broker and dealt with the price, financing and delivery with out as much as a second thought. Then I got a call Friday night and was told the car would be delivered sometime Sat. Ok that's cool was my only thought! Woke up early Sat. morning--it was starting, and looked out the window and saw a huge trailer----AAAAHHHHH it's here--NOW it Starts--raced outside and saw my first glimpse of it and thought Holy **** what have I done--I really have this!! It was early --I mean early 5:30am and I thought all the neighbors would be sleeping--so no one would see--Wrong!! Half the 'hood was aware of the delivery. The excitement in still as strong after 18 months of ownership--a day does not go by that I can not walk through my garage and not stop and stare--thinking my dream is complete and it only took some 20 years.

Thanks for making me relive the moment

Bob

'98VFR
'99 F-150
'00 Navigator
'01 RT/10 Sapphire Blue

Vreracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also bought mine on the spot. I didn't realize the dealer had one in stock. I called him up and they brought it over. The staff and me liked it so much we made them an offer they couldn't refuse. Had it that evening.

Here's a video of one of the drives. Its in Windows media viewer. Almost 3meg.

First drive

motor602

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i couldnt sleep at all i was in shock. I had seen it but it still had to be preped by the dealer before i could take it home. i was also scared. the dealer let me start it up before i left that night and when i felt those 450 horses shaking the cockpit, it freaked me out to feel so much power. but, i got comfortable enough after a while

bitya

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got a call Thurs. at 9am was told wouid be here 1 week . At 1pm got another call said would be here at at 6pm. Called bank got money , paid dealership by 3pm. Got call at 5.30 from transporter went down , drove off transporter, went back to work till 9. Had waited almost a yr, since it was ordered. The dealers service dept was pissed cause they didnt get to check it in. IT took the next day before it finally hit me.

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't even have 24 hours to think about it. I found the Viper listed on the VCA classified section...so here's how the transaction transpired...

10:00 AM - Called the seller, asked him some questions about the car and its history, agreed on a price and sealed the deal sight unseen.

11:00 AM - I was at the bank getting a cashier's check.

1:00 PM - Getting picked up by a friend who gave me a ride to pick up the car. Upon inspecting the Viper, it was immaculate.

6:00 PM - Pulling into my garage.

8:00 PM - Wife arrives home.

Thought I had some explaining to do but her initial statement was, "Wow, I can't believe you did that. Can we go for a ride?"
The excitement didn't really kick in until the next morning when I saw it parked in the garage...unforgetable
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper