Calling all Black Vipers

ZX1100

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if the black paint from the factory has a blue tint or brown tint in it? I had some paint done under warranty and it seems to have a blue tint when the sun hits it while the original paint seems to have a brown tint to it. I asked another local bodyshop and they informed me of the two tints in black. Wondering if this needs to be redone or can some buffing take care of the problem.

Thanks!

Dream Machine

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kelly T:
You must be singing that old Gene Pitney song: "Black is black, I want my baby back."

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

laugh.gif
Good Call! I like that song!

PETSN8K

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There is definitely a brown tint in the paint on my black GTS. If in fact the paint shop got the color match wrong, all the buffing in the world will not fix the mismatch. I would have it redone, especially if I wasn't satisfied with the final finish. Good luck.

Scott

OP
OP
Z

ZX1100

Enthusiast
Reaction score
pc1663...thanks for the verification on the brown tint in the black paint. I'll be talking to the service manager sometime this week to have the problem taken care of
smile.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456