Snake Charmer School - Report....

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saturday we held what we hope will now be an annual event - Snake Charmer School. The Tarheel Sports Car Club ( http://www.thscc.com ) put on this great school and autocross for us. We had 15 Vipers attend and 14 of them participate on the course. We also had 2 rental Neons and one Stratus. (Side note - only time I asked NOT to be upgraded at a rental car place...)

The site is 2 old concrete airstrips in Maxton, NC. Weather was great - lot to mid 80's with a decent wind. Rain came after we had all packed up.

In the morning (after a rocky start caused by one of the instructors blowing past our convoy on a gravel laden road and causing some damage to 2 snakes. GGRRRRR...), we split into 2 groups for instruction. The areas were set up for a giant slalom and section of threshold braking, sweeping turns, etc. After about an hour, we switched sides and practiced more.

Lunch arrived and we all plotted our strategy for the afternoon on the full course.

The full course was about 1 mile in length and it was comprised of some of the practice areas along with a few new features. We ran again in 2 groups with each driver taking three passes, then switching. A few off track excursions (Henry, Jesse, Seasnake, etc..) but nothing major. Timing began and things heated up. Spouses squared off against each other, parents challenged kids, instructors cheated death
smile.gif

After it was all over, we had awards for Master Snake Charmer, Mistress Snake Charmer and Jr. Snake Charmer.

This was a great, safe event. A fun way to learn the limits of the car, get everyone some seat time, get the entire family involved, etc. Lots of folks that have no desire to go on a raod course were captivated by how much fun you could have in second gear and some are already talking about competing!

As soon as I get some more pics, I'll post them.

CAP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Janni:
This was a great, safe event. A fun way to learn the limits of the car, get everyone some seat time, get the entire family involved, etc. Lots of folks that have no desire to go on a raod course were captivated by how much fun you could have in second gear.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Less wear and tear on the Viper (than on a full road course) too.

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry I missed it, but I had a sick snake to tend to as well
smile.gif

I got it fixed, woohoo!

I'll be at the next event I swear. Going to call the VCA tomorrow and just do the CC over the phone deal, I think my check ended up at the north pole or something.

James

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SEASNAKE:
Note to self - Do not use Viper as a bushhog...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Don't beat yourself up about it though, it looked quite impressive from our viewing angle
smile.gif
, and from the looks of the car, it shouldn't take too much to look good as new
smile.gif

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Nothing runs like a Deere ----- well, cept maybe Henn-reeeee!!

Gotta quit that agricultural racing, boy!!

I wish I was there, cuz Henry iz always egg-siding, and one of the best friends anyone could have. Thanks , Mr. Entertainment ,for making sure everyone had a good time.

Post some times for us, and did they put you all in the same class or did they breakdown for street tires or Hoosiers, etc.?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave