Roe supercharger

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haven't heard anything about their new blower in a while.. anyone got the skinny?

Sean: Work on a gen1! PLEASE!
smile.gif

James

jgfurr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't believe Sean will be making a Gen1 blower. He was trying, but the last I heard was that it just wouldn't fit properly. I think it was because of the alternator placement. Too bad, cuz I would have bought 3 or 4 at that price
grazy.gif

S

SUN RA KAT

I talked to Sean a few days ago and he said it's almost ready. The problem was mass manufacturing certain parts like brackets and one slight improvement meant a lot of other parts had to be redesigned to still fit together. He also said the production unit will be better in just about every way over the proto units that you've already heard about. And the price he quoted us will remain the same.

S

SUN RA KAT

Same price = about $6,000.

Boost looks like around 5.5 psi to maybe 6 for his Stage One - which will be the basic kit for everyone with a Gen II Viper. Original design goal of at least 100 Rear Wheel Horsepower will be met. It will be the max safe boost for extreme long life for the Creampuffs. Date of release should be fairly soon, except for those that can't wait for it. For them the wait will seem eternal.

Stage Two will be for extreme long life for the Gen II Vipers with forged pistons. It is added to Stage One. More boost with fuel line improvements, etc. since the forged piston are not creampuffs and will hold up. Price, date, etc. unknown by me since I didn't ask. Creampuffs shouldn't go to Stage Two because the cast pistons may not last a long time.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I think it might be worth it to change my cast pistons to forged, and go Stage 2. And leave the cam alone?

As far as I know, you can do pistons without pulling the engine.

S

SUN RA KAT

Vic Rough - Go to Sean Roe's website and either call him or e-mail him and ask your questions. He's a great guy to talk to on the phone, but I kept my conversation short so he could get back to finishing his Supercharger System ASAP.

GATOR SERPENT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I stopped by Sean's shop yesterday and the blower is almost finished. It was awesome in his car. Anyone who knows Sean, knows how meticulous he is in building parts. This blower is going to be Niiiiiice.

I actually interrupted his work on it for some help on my RT. He stopped and helped me out, even though it was 95 degrees on the pavement. So blame me for slowing down the process, but Sean is always willing to help, thank god.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So for Stage 1, the SC does not require any fuel upgrades or added pressure. Are yall saying it can essentially be bolted on without any internal mods or external for that matter and the car will still retain as much durability and driveability as a Viper has to begin with. Obviously intake and exhaust will only improve performance if combined with the SC. but if 100 rwhp can be had for that kind of money without extensive mods, I cant wait!

S

SUN RA KAT

J SMITH -

You gots it!
bounce.gif

It can be installed by yourself or a professional in about a half a day. It also can be removed fairly quickly and the original intake manifold system be put back on in case you sell your Viper and want to put it on your new one or need to take it to the dealer about warranty work needed if you think they might give you grief because you have a supercharger.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SUN RA KAT:

It also can be removed fairly quickly and the original intake manifold system be put back on in case you sell your Viper and want to <FONT size="4">put it on your new one</FONT s> or need to take it to the dealer about warranty work needed if you think they might give you grief because you have a supercharger.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kenny:

"New one" as in another Gen 2, right? Not that I have immediate plans for the SRT, especially since with the SC you've got the better "look" (just MHO) AND the HP. Can't imagine that the bolt on "set up" would be the same for the new V10. (But that WOULD be a pretty cool long term plan).

S

SUN RA KAT

CitySnake -

I previously was going to get a Ram SRT-10 because I thought I was too tall to fit in a Viper. I e-mailed Sean about doing his system for the SRT-10 engine because so many people will be buying the Ram and wanting more power and so would people buying the Viper SRT-10. He said once he had the supercharger in production for the Gen II Vipers and after he decided whether to make the supercharger available for the Gen I Vipers (he decided very recently that not enough Gen I Vipers would be getting his supercharger to make it worth his time and expense) that he would start plans for fitting his supercharger system to the SRT-10 engine. Of course the SRT-10 Viper (and Ram) will have to be inproduction so he can get the vehicle to get the measuements to build whatever parts that will need to be fabricated to get his supercharger system to fit and then test for long term stability of all the parts so no part will over stress another part and cause problems. Sean is very insistant on making sure everything is right before releasing his system to the public. I totally agree with him in doing it right the first time even if it takes longer.

S

SUN RA KAT

CitySnake -

I forgot to answer your question - YES, another Gen II Viper.

" "New one" as in another Gen 2, right?"

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Yes, I'm still alive and we're still working on manufacturing engineering. What an incredibly long process it is.
Most parts are well into production. A few things had to wait until we had actual machine made parts to bolt up. Then of course comes the dreaded "R" word (revisions).

Sorry I didn't stop in sooner to post, but we've been buckled down trying to finish this project up. Sorry Ed and Jon for not having time to spend when you each stopped by, but there's been a lot of work going on.

Regarding the Gen 1's, I don't think I said "it wouldn't be worth my while". It's going to be another project in itself and the issue of the alternator placement must be addressed. It won't be easy and will probably be a winter project for us. We didn't help that project by selling our RT/10 yesterday, but we needed the money for what we're working on today.

On a new note, we did run the GTS most of the day today with the new manifold, intake tubes, 70 mm throttle bodies, bigger injectors, etc.. at 7-8 psi boost (this was just a test). It was pretty stout. Got a little detonation when rolling back into the throttle after coasting down, which was caused by oil getting into the manifold from the PCV system. We'll hit the dyno in the next few days after looking into the crankcase vent system again. We have not dyno tested the new system (made from the sample production parts).

Sean

PS.
In case you're wondering how hard we're working on this, it's 8:25 on Sunday night and I'm still at the shop
smile.gif

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Sean Roe on 06-30-2002 at 06:26 PM</font>

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
God Speed, Sean. I'm waiting patiently for mine.

I hope you can buy another RT from proceeds. Wish you the best, and thanks for the effort.

Vic

OP
OP
M

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will donate the use of my RT if I get the blower used on it for free when you finish
wink.gif

Just don't destroy my motor hehe (I can hear it now.. "but honey, a stroker motor is only a few grand more, and I need to rebuild anyway..." hehehehehe)

James

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456