49/50 State Legal GTS'

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
49/50 State Legal GTS\'

Does anyone know if the 96-98 GTS' are 49/50 state legal as far as California DMV goes? The CA DMV says that if not 49-50 state legal, then the car must have 7.5K miles on the car before I can register it. The car only has 3K miles on it. I'm forced to put miles on the car? What a senseless law. Anyone done this, or have any insight for me? I'm seriously thinking about passing on any out of state cars, and it seems that all the best deals are out of state. Help!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Re: 49/50 State Legal GTS\'

92-97 were 49 state cars. Must have CA cert or 7500 miles.

98-2002 are 50-state cars.

2003? ....... Stay T u n e d

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey neighbor I'd be happy to help you put some miles on that thing. ....
bounce.gif

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm sure that JonB will correct me if I'm wrong, but I thinks that there was no real difference between the 96 and 97 49 States and CA car,save for the fact that DC only "CA Certified" cars sold in CA compared to all cars in the following years.(may be due to money ?

Only the Emission/Certification label/sticker was different with a different part# and you could (may be still can) just remove the 49 states label and buy the CA label to replace it and have it register in California.

Luc.00GTS

OP
OP
R

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If I get this 50 state legal sticker and place it on the car is the DMV simply going to look at the sticker and OK it, or are they going to go back and research the Vin and make sure it was actually a CA certified Viper from the Dodge factory? In other words does the DMV just want to see the sticker and check it off as 50 state legal.