Driver's window will not go back up.

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Driver\'s window will not go back up.

Need help quick if you could.

I did a search but did not come up with anything.

2000 RT

I am on a road trip and put the driver's side window down. Unfortunately it will not come back up. I hear the motor going and see I see a wire cable in the window slot.

Lately it has been raining alot so I am in trouble.

I am typing this on my lap top in a hotel.

I got REAL lucky and the manager let me park in the entrance area which will protect it from getting rain inside.

I will take it to a dealership tomorrow. Just wondering if anyone might have an easy fix. Thanks

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Driver\'s window will not go back up.

MIcheal , more than likely the door weather striping has come off. The weather stripping that is on the part of the door that the button to open the door is on. Do you see the weather stripping on there? if not, it has fallen into the door and has gotten caught up in the track.it's very common on GTS's for some reason. Mines had done it twice. I had to fish my strip out and put it back on with 3M weather stripping and leave it on overnight to dry. Hasn't come of yet again.

Do a search in this forum. There was a post by Mark Cooper about this same topic and there are directions how to fix it. It's very simple and once you get the pc out (if that is the problem) will only take a few minutes.

I hope it's the weather stripping , because it would seem that would be the easiest fix..

Gerald

p.s I'm typing this quick cuz I know your in a hurry so if I messed up my spelling... please FORGIVE!

G

OP
OP
M

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks for the info Gerald.

Unfortunately that is not the trouble.

I just went and checked to make sure.
I think it is as you say a worse situation. Like I say I can see the steel cable which I can not see on the passenger side when I look down into the window area.

When I go to the Dealership how do they handle it if it is covered by warranty?

Do I need to have any paper work with me The car is a 2000 so I would THINK the dealership will KNOW the 3/36,000 warranty was standard on all Vipers.

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score

neither window will come up on my 94 since I bought it. I just deal with it.

OP
OP
M

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks for all the info.

I took it to Plaza Dodge in Holiday Florida.

They treated me like gold.

They said I needed a new motor so they ordered one. It wont be in for 3 days so I may not be in town to have it done. They also told me they could do the 999 recall if I wanted them to.

As far as a warranty they did not need to see any paper work and I never had to sign a thing when they finished with the car.

Now the bad news. The door would not close properly so they had to take it back and an hour later I was all set.

If anyone lives in the Tampa area and has had bad treatment at a Dodge dealership I would recommend Plaza Dodge.

Service Manager Barry 1-727-919-3875

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave