Dodge 5 Star Dealer service is great! NOT!!!..

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I had to bite the bullet and take car do a Dodge dealer (5 star b.s. too) for a tire balance and run out. I HATE taking my car to Dodge as they usually have no clue what they are doing.
Made an appointment last week for early this morning at 9:00. Brought car in about 8:30. I was told it would take 1 - 2 hours over the phone and I can wait or come back and get it. It's now 4:15 and they still haven't touched my car. I wonder if I can get any $ of for the hassle I've been through without my car for a whole day. Perhaps even two now that I think about it.

Dodge , you service ***** ballz! haha, the service tech usually asks for tips too. What a freaking joke..

Gerald

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gerald,

Could not agree with you more. Their 5 star service *****! 5 Star Rating is a joke, they pay or buy the 5 star rating on a yearly basis anyways.

Service at my local 5 star dealerships ***** so bad. I had to drive 540 miles round trip (Tators Dodge) to get warranty work done on my Viper and know it was done right.

HP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the 5 star rating is based on customer
service rating(the questionnaire given or mailed to you),
also on BBB history. This gives you a comparison to judge
say - 5 star vs no star; if 5 star is bad, your service
at no star could be worse. Of course this does not take into
account the dealers experience with Vipers(which, for most, would
be such a small percentage- it would not effect rating).
Given a choice - look for 5 star with Viper experienced techs and
good references from other Viper owners.

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gerald,

There was a story a while back. Guy makes a Doctor's appt and arrives. He has to wait for two hours. Takes them to court and ends up getting money for lost wages. He says the attorney fees were more than he was awarded but he is happy.

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gerald,
I couldn't agree more! Today 5-Star is
bsflag[1].gif
smile.gif
it's just a marketing ploy! [I should get a phone call on this one
laugh.gif
]

You need to find another Dealer!! Maybe someone from this board could help you find the right one? [Any Chuck's out there can chime in?]

Don't string us all up yet.
eek.gif

Thank You Ed!
hail[1].gif

No tip [$] is required![Food is good
cool.gif
]

Roland L-Ocala FL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have a 5 star dealership here in Hastings, MI that has changed hands 3 times in the last 4 or 5 years. Think I will bring the Viper there for service? NOT! I go to a little county dealership that is also rated as a 5 star dealership, and they truly are. Their technicians are long time employees, and even though the Viper Tech does not see many Vipers, he is as meticulous as they come. He goes to just about every training school Chrylser and Dodge have, and he is the "go to" man when there is a very difficult problem that pops up on a car. The guy just knows his stuff, and it is worth the extra miles to go there.
Gerald, for tire balancing, etc I would go to the best tire shop the area for that, and not the dealership. They do more tires and are more experienced at that kind of work. I agree that a lot of 5 star dealerships are not worth going to. You really need to do your homework,because it seems that almost every Chrysler dealership is "5 Star", so it does not mean that much anymore.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went to Huffines Dodge in Plano...EHEM!...HUFFINES DODGE IN PLANO!! Anyway, I went there to get my tranny fixed because it was popping out of second gear. They reluctantly replaced my transmission after they told me with a condescending attitude that it had to be my fault because Viper transmissions DON'T ever have problems. Then they told me they couldn't give me a loaner car and that I would need to find a ride to work because my company was 4 miles outside of their travel radius. I was livid! I take in an $80,000 car with 4,000 miles on it and get blamed for tearing it up? ***??? Then they won't even take me to work. I told the service manager I'd never be back and I really ripped him when Dodge called to survey me. Bastages!

5 Star=
bsflag[1].gif

OP
OP
G

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Viper Wizard:
Gerald,
I couldn't agree more! Today 5-Star is
bsflag[1].gif
smile.gif
it's just a marketing ploy! [I should get a phone call on this one
laugh.gif
]

You need to find another Dealer!! Maybe someone from this board could help you find the right one? [Any Chuck's out there can chime in?]

Don't string us all up yet.
eek.gif

Thank You Ed!
hail[1].gif

No tip [$] is required![Food is good
cool.gif
]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chuck, I've heard so many great things about you, I wish you were a LITTLE closer!!!

Thanks
Gerald

dadsvpr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
maybe someone (other than viperwizard of course) from dc will see this post. i have never had good service at chrysler/plymouth or dodge both in my town of santa cruz or at one of the larger dealers in san jose (never been to stevens creek though). the service has been so bad i will never buy another new dodge/chrysler new car. dealer service generally is bad in my parts, almost makes me want to buy a lexus....

Jason

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is why you want to be part of the VCA. I only recommend dealers (5 star has no value) that I KNOW WORK ON VIPER'S, and do it right. Do you have to drive a little farther? Yes, but as with driving any exotic, less hassle and more driving should always be welcomed. Just because your car has a Dodge emblem on it does not qualify all Dodge dealers to work on it, even though they would all like you to believe that.

Go to the dealers your local club recommends, and the odds are that you will receive the special service that you should get because you own a Viper. If you elect to go to the close one then that is your choice, but you must deal with the consequences.

artman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steve Ferguson:
This is why you want to be part of the VCA. I only recommend dealers (5 star has no value) that I KNOW WORK ON VIPER'S, and do it right. Do you have to drive a little farther? Yes, but as with driving any exotic, less hassle and more driving should always be welcomed. Just because your car has a Dodge emblem on it does not qualify all Dodge dealers to work on it, even though they would all like you to believe that.

Go to the dealers your local club recommends, and the odds are that you will receive the special service that you should get because you own a Viper. If you elect to go to the close one then that is your choice, but you must deal with the consequences.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then can anyone recommended a dealer in the Charlotte, NC area? The ones I have dealt with so far from simply ordering mats to trying to schedule service have all been horrid (ie: they said they needed my car for three days to install a catback - took it to local custom muffler shop instead: 2 hrs).

I will not drive 500 miles for warranty service; it is not a Lamborghini. Why did the Viper have to be a 'Dodge'.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call your regional VCA prez or fellow club members and I am sure they have a few places they can safely recommend. 500 miles is way to far to go.