Kiss of the Valet (Damaged Wheel Lip) Any Fixes???

Vipergtsbob

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I have sustained the dreaded valet "kiss" (wheel damage from curb. Does anyone know who, if anyone, repairs this type of damage. It is only 2" on the rim perimeter but is still unsightly. Any advice or tips would be much appreciated

Bob Carroll
NJ VCA
cool.gif
pissed.gif
pissed.gif
pissed.gif
pissed.gif

BigsViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a certain irony in posting this right below a post by ab.......
laugh.gif

Anyway I am not very handy, but I worked mine out with a Dremel and you can hardly tell they were damaged. All I need now is a paint number for the silver wheel paint and clearcoat and I'm set!

Tiepilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You unfortunatly have no recourse against the Valet company if you drive off the lot. Several threads were started in the past regarding Valet parking damage.
crying.gif

OP
OP
Vipergtsbob

Vipergtsbob

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Thank you all for the great advice. I have contacted Wheels America and they seem to be the right remedy for the Valet's Kiss. Just another example of the Viper Nation helping one another out. Keep up the great community, we all can learn from one another a hell of a lot more than we think we know ourselves..
Bob Carroll

XS TORQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few things to consider - when Wheels America (or most anyone) refinishes the wheels they will likely look great BUT they will be sprayed w/ clearcoat, not powdercoated clear like from the factory. I had a 2" scar on my wheel from a curb, and I used sandpaper to get it out. Can't even tell. I figured it was worth a try to do that prior to sending them out for repair. There is no clear in that spot, but so far (more than a year) it hasn't caused any problems. If it does, I'll have the wheel(s) powdercoated since I have recently become friends with someone "in the biz" due to the 55 Chevy 4x4 I'm building.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950