sir hiss is on ebay

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<FONT size="4"> And here is the link to see and bid on it! </FONT s>

MAN, would I like to pull up to next to some of the guys around here at a red light in this car. You would have to squeegee their seats afterwards!
laugh.gif

You must be registered for see images

Incredible car, and should put an end to all those guys that keep saying it has a Chevy motor...

Chris

PS. I like the way they did the badging on the back bumper!

NascarDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Tony has been thinking about selling for a while now. He has had his fun. What a beast.

MarkO, it's not a bowtie. Tony had a challenge out to all that if they could get a chevy waterpump or anything chevy to fit on his block, he'd pay out a significant amount. No takers...or at least nothing was ever paid out. It's a mopar block.

Dave

HouseofSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember talking to Tony at VOI6 and he made the same comment about Chevy parts not fitting the block....the real question is, what MOPAR parts fit that block?????
grazy.gif

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats a tube chassis from the firewall back, and a 4-link rear (right?).

Just like any pro-street car, looks like a stock body on the outside but hides a revised chassis and suspension (rear coilovers and 4-link or ladderbar).

MM

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't understand why they would use a production car as a base!? I mean... if your going to go for those kind of speeds, why have power windows and AC?

Me... I'd call Chris @ Chassisworks and get them to make me a full tube chassis, and use the roof and tail from a wrecked coupe. The rest of it would be autoform quarters and doors, a pair of their side-exit sills and one of their liftoff hoods bonded to the front facia, so it's a full liftoff unit.

I can't even see where the cage is tied to the front suspension!??

MM

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not knocking the car in any way, but why do you need amenities on a drag car?

Last time I checked, Top fuel didn't have power mirrors
tongue.gif

I'd rather knock a tenth off my time by dropping 300lbs of dead weight then have all the extra crap. But thats just me... I have the whole 2-windows-at-60-AC mentality

How do you keep that car from flexing the front suspension to pieces without it tied to the cage?

MM

NascarDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark O, that's a pretty nice offer...free $10K.

Let me know when you go to collect, I'm gonna fly down also.

Maxx, Tony wanted the ability to drive the car daily, in which the comfort factor is greatly increased with the creature comforts. I do know that this car is seen regularly on the streets, and sometimes bridges, of Tampa/Clearwater/St. Petersburg.

Party on Tony! Boat races this year?

Dave
96 R/T

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MadMaxx:
Not knocking the car in any way, but why do you need amenities on a drag car?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because it's hot as $hit in Florida!

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MarkO,

Looks like you've been called out! You seem real sure that it's not a mopar block - and from your bellyaching that you didn't spend 70 large on a car to beat on it at a track, I have to assume $10k is worth something to you
supergrin.gif

How about I pay for a plane ticket for you down to Tampa, and if you lose this bet, you can pay me back out of the $10k you will give to Sir Hiss - if you win, the flight is on me.

Deal? Come on! Time to step up!
bounce.gif
laugh.gif
devil.gif

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mike Brunton:

How about I pay for a plane ticket for you down to Tampa, and if you lose this bet, you can pay me back out of the $10k you will give to Sir Hiss - if you win, the flight is on me.

Deal? Come on! Time to step up!
bounce.gif
laugh.gif
devil.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No matter who wins, the party stays in Florida right???

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hell, it's probably an Arias block with worked aluminum 440 heads on it. Who knows.

What ever it is, it's not a mopar PRODUCTION block by a long shot... just like the aluminum pontiac "style" blocks aren't pontiacs, but they take poncho parts.

MM

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actualy, the deal was "don't know a yugo from a big block" and "10,000 CASH" was involved. Never mentioned a race..
laugh.gif

I'll take that bet too.. i'll fly down and say "nope.. thats not a yugo" and you can hand me my cash too
wink.gif

So what, we're tying to pit a stock V10 street viper against a purpose-built drag car? WHY? If it was 10K and run-what-ya-brung, I would haul a friggin rail car out their and start laying out the sub 5 runs. Everything is relative.

MM

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chuck 98 RT/10:
No matter who wins, the party stays in Florida right???

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chuck,

I would love to party with you guys!

Mark, I will buy two tickets - one for each of us - and we can hang out with Gerald and Chuck and I can show Gerald how to lean a bike, and you can show Chuck how to avoid the advances of men, deal?
laugh.gif

Mark,
Seriously, it would be fun - let me know if you're up for a friendly wager.

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MadMaxx:
So what, we're tying to pit a stock V10 street viper against a purpose-built drag car? WHY? If it was 10K and run-what-ya-brung, I would haul a friggin rail car out their and start laying out the sub 5 runs. Everything is relative.

MM

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i think you're confused.. the bet is not a race, the bet is if mark o can prove that its not a mopar block..

- eddie -

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mark O:

I still suspect some sort of GM "based" engine block, be it Pontiac, Chevy, Olds, or Chevy.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I actually had a dream about the car this morning- I was out picking up some blueberry muffins for breakfast and I spotted it being worked on behind a Chevy dealership. I wandered over to speak to the mechanic and he told me that the motor was really a Buick
bounce.gif

Now before you all laugh out loud too much- some of those old Stage 1 GS's could put out some serious horsepower, and don't even get me started on the newer turbo 6's
laugh.gif

OP
OP
S

speedshftr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i just posted to show the car was on ebay and everybody got in a uproar about the engine.the car is killer regardless !!!hats off to sir hiss and his bunch.that car on the speedvision show was simply awsum!!!!!wonder what the reserve is?

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>However, I'll wager you a dozen dozen Maine lobsters if it can be proven to me that it is a big block Mopar<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It may not be $10,000, but 144 Maine lobsters won't be cheap!
smile.gif
smile.gif

Ronnie

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ohh.. so there is no race. I thought the "you will loose...like others" type comment was meaning a show down.

At any rate... it's probably a aluminum poncho block
laugh.gif

MM

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bet a poncho pump will fit...
laugh.gif

I dunno, just trying to figure it out too. The cheif aluminum blocks can go to like 600+ inches.

MM

King RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not that it matters to me one way or another but a year ago the Dodge dealer in St. Petersburg Florida said they know sir hiss well (body work I believe but could have been anything,) and said it was a Big block chevy!

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maxwedge:
Notice the guy hasnt replied again? Thats depressing to hear that its a BBC...SUCKSUCKSUCKSUCK...hopefully the next one wont be a Chevy with a Mopar Sticker..disgusting...go put the motor in a Chevett or Vega or Pontic Sunfire...NOT A VIPER

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

some people actually have lives and dont spend all day on the internet replying to people bashing them for running a 7.8 at over 180 mph in the quarter mile in a viper with a non viper motor...

- eddie -

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony's a biiizy guy... Frankly who cares if it's a chevy, mopar, Saturn or a Supra motor in there...

Gerald

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No flames intended... the car is quite amazing.

But for 150K... dammmmnnn.

Why so much? The car can be duplicated with the same trap speeds for ~60K with all new components and donner car parts from a 96 GTS (wrecked of course, what does it matter? Just need the vin for ttl)

MM

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TOny, Sorry, I don't remember racing you. That must have been my twin.. He told me it wasn't train car lengths.. More like 747 airplane lengths..

Gerald

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Man, I remember Tony when he was driving that Viper in Tampa. It was a like a monster. My Viper felt sooo puney compared to his beast.

Chuck..I'm going to call Tony the matchmaker here soon! Heh! Hope shes a hottie! Oh, by the way chuck...you have to talk to the girl for her to talk back! heh! I'm just poking at ya pal!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth