RT/10 tie down straps

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need to purchase tie downs for my new trailer. No body seems to know what hooks are correct to fit the Viper. Isn't there a book, or catalog to look this up? I have asked Vendors at several car shows and swap meets. They all want to sell me the cluster of hooks and say "one of these will fit". I don't want a bunch of hooks rattling under the car the whole time I'm towing. Also what strength strap do I need? Under braking the weight is multiplied to the straps,Isn't it? so how heavy do I need?

Oh, I need them pretty quick. Thanks

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Order online at www.awdirect.com and the part that you are looking for is an "R" hook - the part number is CC-1. They'll ship same day.

We have had good luck with 1-800 44 nylon for tie down straps -they have better handles and hooks. www.44nylon.com Previously we were using the straps from Snappin' Turtle but have found their customer service to be abyssmal, as well as having a snap failure.

Hope this helps.

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mopar Steve:
I need to purchase tie downs for my new trailer. No body seems to know what hooks are correct to fit the Viper. Isn't there a book, or catalog to look this up? I have asked Vendors at several car shows and swap meets. They all want to sell me the cluster of hooks and say "one of these will fit". I don't want a bunch of hooks rattling under the car the whole time I'm towing. Also what strength strap do I need? Under braking the weight is multiplied to the straps,Isn't it? so how heavy do I need?

Oh, I need them pretty quick. Thanks

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Find a local towing supply company. That is the fastest way and they should have it all.

My advice is go with the cluster. I think the cluster has 3 type hooks, an R, J and T hook. Get the cluster cause who knows you may want to carry another type vehicle.

You will use the R hook on the Viper it works well and won't damage the frame.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235