windshield spots

BIRD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shortly after getting my 01 GTS I noticed 2 small milky spots on my windshield. I tried washing inside and out, then a razor blade, still there. I took the car to Capital Dodge in Willimantic Ct. The service manager Rudy looked at it right away and said he would contact Dodge for an ok to replace and call me the following day. Well the next day he called and said he had the ok and told me he was not real sure he wanted his people to do this job on such a beutiful expensive car. He said he called a glass shop that he was confident with and gave me a choice of bringing it to them or he would have them come to his place. I chose his place feeling more secure having it at the dealership. The point of my story is you here a lot of bad about how we get treated by the dealers, but not a lot of good. I didn't buy my car from them, still treated me like there best customer,did everything he said he would when he said he would, and had no problem admitting they may be in over thier heads. I've never bought a Dodge truck before but soon I'll be getting rid of my 02 Avalance 26000 miles and you can bet I'll be buying an 03 Dodge from them.

red98GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Milky spots in the glass means a fairly rare, but typical symptom of what we call "delamination" in the glass business. The only way to get rid of it is to replace the glass. It's nobodys "fault", it just happens once in a blue moon. Good to hear you were taken care of. pete the ex glass guy and hot rodder

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper