I got burned...Seller selling as new, but it's Salvaged!

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: I got burned...Seller selling as new, but it\'s Salvaged!

Sorry to hear about your troubles. That really bites. The seller should be strung up "Osama style." Not to flame, but that color combo is god aweful. It looks like something Ronald Mc Donald would come riding into town on, throwing Big Macs and apple pies from. I honestly hope you get out of the deal as you were flat out misinformed about the car. Dumb A$$es like that seller, give honest e-bay sellers a bad rap and put weary ideas into prospective buyer heads. I hope it works out well for you.
Your local McDonalds should scoop it as fast as they can. Think of the millions more they can serve with a car like that.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

That car has been repainted everywhere!! Look at the inner fender wells.

You must be registered for see images

Tiepilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score

"It looks like something Ronald Mc Donald would come riding into town on, throwing Big Macs and apple pies from."
laughing2[1].gif

That's to funny Red!!

"1994 dodge viper one of a kind roadster not ordinary red (but Krylon red) r/t10 car looks real sharp with yellow stripes and decals this car turns heads(in the trailer park) like nothing you would imagine other upgrades are chrome plated not polished 17"five spoke viper wheels with 90 percent thread on michelin pilot tires k/n filters stock exaust with cherry bomb mufflers(we took offa momma's pickup) kept converters on for inspection sticker kenwood cd player with upgraded speakers with factory amps.dash and inner wheel weels have been painted to match car can see in pictures" (we had a extra can of Krylon).

laugh.gif
CHERRY BOMB MUFFLERS
laugh.gif
(at least they are red to match the wheel weels).

Move over Corsa and Borla the ULTIMATE REDNECK White Trash Exhaust mod has arrived in the Viper community!!

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

Since the car was clearly and egregiously mis-represented, I don't think you have any legal or moral obligation to follow through on the deal. I'm sure ebay would agree, too.

EDIT - Wait a minute! I just finished reading the description, where it clearly says "used", so where did you get the impression that it was new, as your thread title suggests?

But it still is salvaged, which was not disclosed, and I think that is reason enough to claim misrepresentation. Call ebay and ask them about their policies on this. If it violates ebay policy, I think you got 'em. Also ask a lawyer, and good luck.

BUD

Enthusiast
Reaction score

ROFLMAO I saw the feedback you left!
BWHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!!!
supergrin.gif

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

Linda- You have to show how the guy lied, to justify your negative feedback. Do ebay poilicies require that a salvage title be divulged? If not, then its like any other sale, buyer beware. The price is about right. Maybe there isn't anything really bad wrong with it. If its got a new frame, that would be a good start for a rebuild. What exactly happened? Front end, side, or rear crash? If you are stuck with your bid, then maybe you should try to evaluate the car fairly.

Just how did this guy lie?

Your thread title says he was selling it as new, but the description says "used". Did you read that part?

And how could it be new, when the description shows 41,000 miles? Maybe you are just miffed that you did not run the Carfax report before you bid?

No where in the description does it say that it has never been crashed. It just says there are no scratches. Maybe you should have someone help you bid on things. No flames intended, but you seem to be a little off base with your ""NEW" claim, and you leave a feedback claiming he lied.

Its a big, bad world out there. Watch out!

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I know that in PA, a used car dealer is required by law to disclose that a vehicle has a "R" Title (reconstructed.)

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
Just how did this guy lie?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Um, in the auction under the top picture, he has it listed as "Clear title". That is a lie to me.

Mike

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by clancy:
Wildude

In legal terminology "clear title" normally indicates or guarantess there are no monetery encumbrances attached to the , in this case, vehicle. It DOES NOT give or imply the assurance of condition or give a warranty of suitability for an intended purpose. If the seller wilfully hid the fact of a salvage title from you, and you, acting on that omission, made a bona fide offer in response totally on that omission without any other consideration I believe the court would allow an "off set" thereby possibly reducing the purchase price. But, then again...
Talk to a local attorney.

The Car-Fax information would probably make the seller decide to withdraw the vehicle from the offer to sell.

Lar
Ll.B 1972
Retired

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uh, yeah, what he said!

The common meaning of "Clear" as refers to property titles just means there are no lien holders, that's all. Even a "salvage" title can be considered "clear" by legal definition, if there are no lien holders.

Sounds like I am defending the guy, and that *****. I'm really not defending him, and I also believe that he is deceitful, in my book.

I'm just caught up in this pointless exercise of legalities, so I'm bailing out of it now. I don't wanna look like I'm on the **** ball's side. See ya'! Caveat emptour!

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tom and Vipers:
I know that in PA, a used car dealer is required by law to disclose that a vehicle has a "R" Title (reconstructed.)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A dealer has to but I'm not sure if a private seller would have to. Either way, just goes to show, check with AutoCheck, Carfax, or myself for History profiles. I have this car on my list and could have easily thrown red flags on this deal.

I sent Ebay a letter when this car first came up and never got a response. I'm under the impression it wasn't all that important to them

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score

yes, ebay and paypal ****-they don't stand behind anything other than the service of providing the auction or transferring the $. I actaully had to supenia paypal to get them to release info on a seller (on ebay) that did not ship goods after I transferred him $. even though they found him at fault-of course I lost the money and he could not be found. The only thing worse than the **** that cheat you on ebay is the auction that doesn't help recover or stop the fraud in the first place!!

Back to the car-If it is straight (have a shop look it over) its worth what you paid for it. (even with "cherry bomb" mufflers!)

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
In legal terminology
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Dang lawyers, always twisting words
supergrin.gif
, J/K. You know I did think it had to do with the title condition(salvaged), not liens. Ignorance corrected.

Mike

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

Mike, that's a fine line, with words that have very close meanings, and I believe he was intentionally misleading by saying the title was clear. If he was gonna go so far as to declare that, then he should have also declared it was salvage. It just sounds so good to say something positive, like "clear title", and I think he knew that.

It just ***** to see how slick ba*tards use subtle deceptive tactics to take in the unsuspecting.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456