New Viper Owner (Advice Requested)

Vanquish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello,

I am a new viper owner. Just purchased a 1996 Viper GTS Blue with White Stripes. It has low milage and has all the documented service records and books. I wanted to get any advise on the does and don'ts on taking care of it. Also in terms of driving it. I also have a 95 ZR1 and I realize that thier driving manners are quite different. Looking forward to receiving your knowledgable advise.

Regards,
BR

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Watch the temp. don't let it get too hot
2. You have no TC or ABS, be careful
3. Don't step on it while your front wheels are not strait
4. Change oil every 2-3K miles
5. Get Corsas so the car sounds better
6 Get a Ripper so you don't mess-up 2-4 gear change
7. Practice if front of the mirror saying thank you, it is very fast, I don't need NAWZ
9 Sign up for VCA
10. HAVE FUN!!!

OP
OP
V

Vanquish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ElDiablo Viper,

Thank You, The car has new smooth tubes and a new Borla exhaust system. The previous owner had them install 3 months ago. Is there anything I can do about the temp (Will it overheat in traffic or something). a

Thanks again for the advise,
Regards,
BR

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vanquish:
ElDiablo Viper,

Thank You, The car has new smooth tubes and a new Borla exhaust system. The previous owner had them install 3 months ago. Is there anything I can do about the temp (Will it overheat in traffic or something). a

Thanks again for the advise,
Regards,
BR

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://vca1.viperclub.org/ubb/Forum14/HTML/013621.html

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I got an idea (that could actually work)! We should come up with a booklet to send out to all the new owners. Get everyone involved so that way the newbies have a physical reference guide they can refer to as they encounter oddities.

We can include a sticker for the gauge "Point wheels straight before azzwhippin that ford."

And side view mirror stickers saying "Remove soft top <u>before</u> going 170mph."

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vanquish,

Vanquish,
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
Is there anything I can do about the temp (Will it overheat in traffic or something).
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Replace the small, stock cooling fan with the 1999 + larger cooling fan. This is an excellent upgrade.
Contact JonB at Parts Rack.
www.partsrack.com
[email protected]
360-837-3937

Later,

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS make sure the power steering resevoir cap is on TIGHT..

learn the proper way to close the hood to avoid stress cracks..

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who can explain the proper way to close the hood? Is it correct in the owners manual?

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vanquish:
Hello,

I am a new viper owner. Just purchased a 1996 Viper GTS Blue with White Stripes. It has low milage and has all the documented service records and books. I wanted to get any advise on the does and don'ts on taking care of it. Also in terms of driving it. I also have a 95 ZR1 and I realize that thier driving manners are quite different. Looking forward to receiving your knowledgable advise.

Regards,
BR

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Congrats on the car. Please let us know how it compares to the ZR-1. What do you find yourself wanting to drive more often and why?

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats & Welcome!!
newbie[1].gif

[Sell the Winter car{ZR1}
supergrin.gif
]

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vanquish:
Do yourself the biggest favor a new Viper owner can and speak with speds about Chuck Tator.
wink.gif

That's the fellow who's posted right above me.
<FONT size="1">(shhhhhh....He thinks he's a wizard
laugh.gif
)</FONT s>

OP
OP
V

Vanquish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys,

Thanks for all the good word and advice, I followed up with Tator and got a price of $2400 4/48 months Added Care Plus. This sounds a bit steep with what I have been hearing in the past few days.

Regards
BR

OP
OP
V

Vanquish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper Wizard,

You will be getting a call from me very shortly on that extended warranty. Being a new Viper Owner I do appreciate all the advise and the leads. I can see that Viper Wizards reputation is well respected and I look forward in doing business with you not only for the Warranty but for other future purchases on accessories and general support. I plan to take a road trip to Tator Dodge in the coming weeks to see for myself the Dealership that has taken the East Coast Viper community in hand.

To all many thanks and appreciation.

Regards,
BR

Viablo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations Vanquish. I like your taste in color combo.
cool.gif

I'll be on the lookout when i'm out on the island.

Paul Fischer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't open that hood on the side of the road if it's windy. Even that semi blowing by can turn your clamshell into a $10k kite. Dialing in a 1/2-3/4 degree of negaitve camber can reduce dartiness on the street at the cost of some tire wear. DO NOT let anyone drive the car that tells you what an experienced driver they are and that they can handle it if they haven't been behind the wheel of one of these beasts before. I had a 20 year SCCA veteran spinning out his first couple of laps when he put his foot into it. These cars demand respect. Enjoy.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456