SLOAN KWIK-LOAD TRAILERS - HELP

Gavin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm looking at purchasing this trailer.
Question for anyone that has this trailer - Can you strap the Viper to this trailer, using chassis hangers and straps to the pre-installed tie down units.

I have a concern, that the tie down spots, built into the trailer are not appropriately located for the Viper.

Your help is appreciated
Gavin

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You absolutely can. I have the 18' model Kwik-load, and the tie-downs work perfectly with the J-style ratchet tiedowns which lock into the frame rail holes front and rear.

Jerry Walker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 20'Kwik Load,and have no problem with the tie down locations in the floor.It is a well built trailer,and you can pull it down the road,as fast as you want to,and wont hardly notice it is behind you.

Stephen Yap

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The kwikload factory swivel d-ring locations are fine for the Viper. I have heard of some owners locating them differently (farther) to make sure they have enough room for the ratchet and avoid scratching the underneath of the front fascia when you need to release it. Mine are are in the default locations and I can clear it. It would be good to mark the exact positions of where you want to place the front tires on the trailer bed for consistency vis a vis the d-rings. If placed right, I find that the straps don't even touch the front lip even with a lowered viper.

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey JonB...

Why don't you post the tie down info. that you sent to me. I know there must be others out there that would really use the information.

No Flame Intended...Just Observation,
CStegall

Fast Viper Dan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gavin, If want to see it with a viper on come to our meeting at Mama Mia's this Tuesday night and after that you can stop by my house, 2 miles away and load my viper up on the trailer. I am leaving Wednesday for Button Willow and need to load it anyway. It's a snap, no blocks just run it on!
Dan
smile.gif

OP
OP
G

Gavin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys - much appreciated.

Eric- I can see you have not been paying attention in my "Sheep Classes"

Rule #1 - always locate sheep that can run like the devil - why do you ask? - so they can get away from Australians.

Rule #2 - NEVER tie your sheep down - makes them suseptable to approach by Aussies, and all kinds of other folk.

Best Approach when traveling - (this is one of the benefits of following Rule #1) simply tie the sheep to the back of your trailer - they will keep up!!!

Now, if you are not going to pay attention in class, I'm going to have to discontinue the lessons!!!
G
yesnod.gif
yesnod.gif
yesnod.gif

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper