How much should I pay diff!!

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I currently own a 94 RT/10 RED with 13800 miles. All factory with the exception of smooth tubes and K&N's. Rear tires are new 1000 miles ago. Some curb damage on the right rims and a few scrapes on the chin. Other than that car is in great shape.
I'm looking at a 97 GTS w/1740 miles totally stock, the car is in great shape and also a local car.
What do you guys think is a fair price to pay difference?
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated thank you,
TJ

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Bigfoot - If the car is at a dealership expect to get screwed over on the price of the Gen1. It could be perfect, triple A, and a dealer would still lowball your value. As an upcoming buyer this is how I would look at things:

A 94 Gen1 in mint condition will run $39k on open market.
A 97 GTS in mint condition will run $45k on open market.

If the owner (dealer or private) is looking at a an even swap plus cash then I'd hand over the keys plus a 5000 count *** of greenbacks. The new owner could then sell (and if he finds an idiot) could make a couple more dollars on the sale of the RT and everyone's happy.

Tomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed on the 97 GTS price...should be more than 45K with low miles and mint shape.

And we are talk'in USD bigfoot!!!

I have a 96RT with 9500 miles, and in mint shape I think the car will fetch low 40's...Course here in Calif the prices seem to be higher...I know of a 96 RT that recently sold for 45K, but had an extended warranty (another 3-4 yrs) included.

Tomer

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tomer, you're right on target. I just finished looking for Vipers for the past 3 mos. Calif. prices seem to be a little bit higher than the rest of the country. Especially, extra-low mileage cars, but there are cases where the seller is in a pinch and will dump the car. Ex. Lost out on a chace to buy a mint 99 Black/silver stripe ACR w/9K miles for $55K.
-JOnathan

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Redsled,

Given the 99ACR w/9k was $55k, how much less is a 97GTS with 10-15k miles worth?

I don't think a 96-97 car is worth anything in the 50's... I'd say $45k-50k. I know when I was selling my 98 GTS I was checking prices and they seemed to be in the low-mid 50's depending on mileage and condition.

I think Bonkers is our resident Viper value expert. I know alot of 96-97 Vipers are in the classifieds at $50k-$55k, but I don't think they are realistically going for that much.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by REDSLED:
Bonkers, where have you been looking? Show me where I can buy a mint 97 GTS w/ low mileage for $45K and I'll buy as many as I can store in the garage.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Better get out the wallet and build a few garages. 97 GTS in mint condition is worth / are going for mid 40's to higer 40's.. Like always say, selling price and asking price are two different numbers. In each of the vipers I've owned, I bargained approx 6k or more off the asking price..

Gerald

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess I was looking in the wrong part of the country. I was limited to purchasing my GTS in CA only. I never saw a blue/white combo with less than 7,500 miles for less than $50-54K in CA. That is what I was comparing it to. Mike, do you think $55K for a mint 99 ACR is an average price or a good price? The reason the ACR was going for $55K is that it was being liquidated as an asset by the BK courts as the owner was going belly up. That was the bid I had on the car until the last day when someone else bid $5K more than I. I didn't mean to imply that $55K should be the price on the open market. 3 mos ago while I was shopping around numerous members/dealers on this board told me to ****** it up ASAP. I was a day late. I also mentioned that good deals are to be had depending on the seller's situation. I guess I better start buying Vipers in Florida and MA, after of course, I build my new garage. BTW I would love to sell my mint 94 RT/10 for $39K as Bonkers seems to feel is the price on the open market. Mike you also said mileage and condition can affect the price. I couldn't agree w/you more. Sheesh, loosen up the strings we all might wound a little too tight this evening. Didn't mean to cause anyone's ******* to get in a bunch.
-Jonathan

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bonkers, where have you been looking? Show me where I can buy a mint 97 GTS w/ low mileage for $45K and I'll buy as many as I can store in the garage.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom R