CAN A GURU PLEASE EXPLAIN THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN 93, 94, AND 95 VIPERS????

bigr1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone please explain to me all the differences. Are any suddle or signifigant. Thanks, I would like to know this before my first Viper Purchase! Coule someone please e-mail me the differences to this post also, thanks!

Randy
[email protected]

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Other then the Color, almost all the same!
BURNOUT.gif

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck, I can't believe you said that
smile.gif

There are hundreds of differences, specially between 92 and 93 (after the carry-over cars). Vipers are like fine wine, each vintage has it's own character and differences
wink.gif
Randy, go to the link Neil posted above, and you'll see many of the specifics, but if you go to: Feature Changes by Year you will see a year by year runnning list of the specific changes.

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You need Marv S on this one! He knows every little thing about Vipers and the differences between years!

Reaction score
Late 93 did away with the trunk mounted antenna with the color black available. Some black 93s had the red Viper emblems.
Some early 94s did carry over with the 4 runner intake plenum. The fresh air intake plenum was revised on 94s. The air cleaner resonator crossover was deleted in 96 - the foam filters were deleted way after that. The 95s had storage webbing in front of the seats. Tan interior was available on pre 95 vehicles. Some rear trunk lids had different props between 94 & 95.
The earlier cars had the rear mounted air idle control motor - the newer cars had them located in the front.

Ok.... what did I forget
smile.gif
?

Doug

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jay Herbert:
Chuck, I can't believe you said that
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

bigr1 wasn't asking about 92's. As for the changes in 93,94,95 I would call them subtle improvements.

OP
OP
B

bigr1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so would you all say that the 94 and 95 Vipers are the way to go then? Do all 94's have the changes above, or did the changes start around a particular production number, thanks again.

Randy
[email protected]

dadsvpr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dan Cragin:
Jay said it, lots of changes.

92 models are really strange as everything is a little
different but will interchange with 93's. 92's had gas cap
doors with a indent in the quarter panel, back windows that will
not snap, shiny red paint on the engine and belly pan bolts that
are 10mm not 15mm. Some early 92's had a computer cover and side
emblems that were lower. The tops were all vinyl not cloth. You can always tell a 92 by the big gaps in the trunk lid.

93's were very close to 92's. Here is what they shared in common.Battery in the trunk under spare. Dual fan radiator support, temp gauge with a yellow mark, four rib intake manifold with brazed runners, antenna on rear fender. Exhaust was spring mounted and noisy. Exhaust manifolds were 2 piece. They differ from 92's by having a dull red engine, rear windows that snap and cloth tops Vehicles were in Red and Black. Some 92's were carry over 93's and had the early stuff.

94 was the big change year, new intake manifolds, water pumps,
single fan radiator support, fender mounted coolant tank, AC factory installed, no yellow on the temp gauge, one piece exhaust
manifolds that do not leak, Different fuel pump and lines, antenna in the windshield, transmission with reverse lockout,
battery in rear fenderwell, rubber mounted exhaust with new mufflers.

95 was a little change year, air filters without the foam,
no air cleaner resonator crossover, grab handle on the inside doors, tan interior option, green and yellow exterior colors and hoods with big gaps that cracked. The last few had "last 300 side
exhaust stamped on the toe box.

This is just a few differences, there are hundreds between these
models. Ok Jay, what did I forget?

Dan Cragin
The Viper Shop

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Excellent info, i'll be sure to update the features page with this.

Jason

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bigr1:
so would you all say that the 94 and 95 Vipers are the way to go then? Do all 94's have the changes above, or did the changes start around a particular production number, thanks again.

Randy
[email protected]

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

bounce.gif
Yes! Definately the way to go.
bounce.gif

Of course, I'm not partial or prejudiced by any particular year.
bs[1].gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave