New owner - New member

LPE 383

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wanted to say greetings from a new member. Just bought the 01 GTS and am enjoying learning from this board. I am on page 189 reading the old topics, so gimme a break if I ask something that has been covered.

I will be reporting back with comparisons, as noted, on the differences in performance in the Viper and my Lingenfelter Vette. Initial reaction is the Vette is currently faster 0-60, and the Viper will take some practice getting launched well enough to Gtech any great numbers. The Viper is certainly more of a drivers car than the Vette with the racing automatic. Guess I'll have to force myself to continue practicing
smile.gif

Anyway, just wanted to say greetings from South Texas, have a great holiday!

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Welcome, and enjoy....Love the color!

A Viper is not primarily a street dragster. (Although it can be made to run 9s, with a lot of work)

The Viper is also a great car for road racing, where it can stretch its legs.

And that personality! Looks great and loves to romp!

What else do you need?
laugh.gif

JRB

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am a new member and two months into owning a '94 RT/10. Have not found anyone near here (Harlingen, Tx) with a Viper. Kind of lonely! Where are you?

Jim Blackburn

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome from Cold Canada, 9 or 10 months of Vipering max, ugh......

Sweet car, awesome avatar, that is the only color that would have made me reconsider my boy racer blue with white stripes.
It doesn't get much classier than Sapphire, congrats!

I think there is around 20 or so 01 in Sapphire in Canada, so my search was pretty limited.

Enjoy that bad boy all year, what kind of power is the Vette making?

regards,

ZX12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome from East Texas, um, I mean Southeast Texas, umm, well, ok, I give up, from South Texas (San Antonio)!
supergrin.gif

Hope you have fun with your new Viper! I'm planning on getting a Gen III Viper when the demand dies down in the future (I hope they come out with a coupe/moonroof body).

TriJim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan -- Another new owner from Texas. I pick-up a Final Edition GTS this morning from Maxwell Dodge in Austin.
smile.gif

Jim B.
'02 Final Edition Viper
'01 Mulholland Prowler
'01 Patriot Blue PT Cruiser

OP
OP
L

LPE 383

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JRB- I am in Corpus. I do consulting in Brownsville, so I pass through your area quite often. Maybe you've seen a blue (viper) or black (vette) streak on the highway heading south
smile.gif

The Vette is making around 380 RWHP and 475 RWTQ. I have tuned the suspension for road racing and it has been very competitive in our area at the SCCA and PCA events. I am known to run my car conservatively, and only drive it at 85% a couple times a year just for fun. I am not going to sacrifice my car for the sake of winning a time trial!

Here's a pic of the vette

You must be registered for see images

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave