VOI7 packets and RT/10s on the track & tops

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just received my VOI7 packet, with the cool Viper luggage tags (surprised they weren't Dodge/Viper red). Anyway, looking through the packet, much to my surprise, there was NO mention of RT/10s on the track and requirements or lack thereof regarding the need for tops on. They mention helmets, but no mentions of tops. I don't want to assume they are unnecessary and get screwed, nor do I want to lug the hardtop unless it is necessary. Who should I speak with to get an OFFICIAL response on this matter? I'd like to know a name before I simply call VOI7 HQ and get a response from someone that might not have the correct answer.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably the personal to talk to is Fiona McKenna at Viper HQ - 1-800-998-1110

Please post answer here!

Birvini

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with Fiona. Yes, hard tops are required to run the road course. I told her this was the first I'd heard about this, and that I have no plans to buy one just for this event. I encouraged her to make arrangements for those of us who do not have them.

Fiona stated that she "assumed" that everyone knew about the hard top requirement.

I am supposed to get a return call from her later on today.

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Birvini:
Fiona just called me back. We do not need a hardtop for VOI.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's what she said to me as well today. No need for a top for VOI7 track events. Also, they would have onsite top storage facilities should you bring your top and wish to take it off (and presumably to store softtops rather than in the trunk while driving).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper