1/4 Mile Drag Racing tonight/ 1st time on the 1/4

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I thought I would drop a line and say that I visited a 1/4 Mile Dragstrip for the first time tonight and I must say that it is alot of fun. I can't really say too much but I have strong evidence of a car that hit a mph of a fraction away from 138mph. Im not really sure but I think that is purrty fast.

EMMMMMMMM VoI Drag Racing just around the corner, I wonder what that time slip says????????????????/

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey David -- congrats, that's really quick for your first time at the track! Were you on street tires? With enough traction and your horsepower levels, I suspect you'll be able to crack 10's @ 140 mph after a bit of practice.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dr Roof:
Well I thought I would drop a line and say that I visited a 1/4 Mile Dragstrip for the first time tonight and I must say that it is alot of fun. I can't really say too much but I have strong evidence of a car that hit a mph of a fraction away from 138mph. Im not really sure but I think that is purrty fast.

EMMMMMMMM VoI Drag Racing just around the corner, I wonder what that time slip says????????????????/

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Niiiiiice Dave, 138 on your 1st try???? I would venture you'll be hitting low 140's in your next try(ies)..? And perhaps a little more? Were you running street tires? My car is almost identical to yours with about 30 or so HP less...

Gerald

jkracer9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dr. Roof
Got a charge did you? I was told that once down the 1/4 mile is all it takes and you are hooked. With that speed you must have had a good ET. Continue to practice and you will be a contender.Our closest 1/4 mile tract is 4 hours away, we are stuck at the 1/8 in Houston.
Congrats, great first time run.

V10TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dr, could you post the whole ticket? I'd like to see your 60 ft. and your 1/8 mile speed as wella s your e.t in the 1/4.
thanks!

OP
OP
D

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will scan the ticket tommorrow at the office and email to ben and he can help me post it. ( I need to learn myself)

I was on street tires and could not get the car to hook! I finally gave up and just let it roll off the line, then hammered it. I still spin real bad but nerves and all i was pretty happy. There was a zr-1 there with purners and ET's that hook real good. My time was still faster but just by a a little. I ran in the low 11's. I think next time to the track I will crack the ten's even on street tires.

Drag racing is a lot of fun. The hardest part is when people ask what all is done and I don't know what to tell them i just say this guy from Miami built the car and im not a mechanic. when they see the blower they say wow that must add 100-150 more horsepower! I just say yeah something like that!

Reaction score
David -

I have to say ... that is spectacular driving on stock tires especially for a guy that has never driven down the 1/4 mile! I'm very proud of your driving & I'm looking forward to seeing you at VOI. Take care and stay safe.

Regards,
Doug

toddt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dr Roof:
when they see the blower they say wow that must add 100-150 more horsepower! I just say yeah something like that!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

rofl.gif
rofl.gif

OP
OP
D

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AFTRHRS -
I am goin gto try and get back to The bend next tuesday. I definitely need some seat time. I have alot to learn about the car and how to put the power to use. My Goal is to get into the 10's with street tires next time out. (I would Rather set my sights high and miss low than not try at all) This might be a far fetched goal for a rookie, but im gonna have alot of fun trying!
David

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper