Knock, knock, knocking on 11's door......

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Knock, knock, knocking on 11\'s door......

Did a 100 mile cruise up to Grand Bend, Ontario much like the Motor City Madman and I did a few weeks ago, only this time the focus was on drag racing instead of girls, something different....
supergrin.gif

My hometown city had rented out the track for their big weekend of racing (which was eventually spoiled out from the rain). Nonetheless I cruised up with a buddy and entered the trophy street class just for kicks, 100 miles from home, no air pressure gauge, bags of ice, nothing but my helmet, just out for fun.

Turns out I only get to run 1 qualifying run from all the rain delays before eliminations started which I thought was putting alot of faith in one run, on a track I had never ran before, not to mention the crowds in the stands in the thousands, all new to me.

My one qualifying run comes up, I line up 8 lanes wide and end up running some 60's style muscle car (sorry older fellas), I think a Barracuda, this thing has wheelie bars, 12 inch slicks, and a rumble from the jungle, thought I was done like dinner. He shoots over a few grins when we ante up to the line and we are lined up opposite at the line. He does a smoky burnout and I wimp out around the water and do a little dry hop to lose the crud off the tires.

Timeslip:
GTS 'Cuda

R/T .604 .533
60' 2.006 1.836 (my street tires to his slicks)
330 5.300 5.564
1/8 7.986 8.702
1/4 12.144 13.718
MPH 117.63 97.00

Have to love a car you can run on the highway on the way up with the tunes going, air on, drive at speeds in multiples of the legal limit, pull over and run near 11's driving off the road and onto the track......

And no the guy never missed a gear or had any mechanical difficulties, I think the wheelie bars are a bit much on a high 13 car, but to each his own, 11's are close I can smell em'.

Sad ending to the story the event was rained out within 15 minutes of my run, and I never had a chance to dial in in elimination, too bad, might have hit my goal of 11's in a stocker!!

will return to this track before the year is out and try again........

SERPENT INDIANA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Knock, knock, knocking on 11\'s door......

My son in law has a 97 GTS.....ran 11:90 approx 124mph....STOCK...only K & N filters....lots of runs under 12....this was at the MOPAR nationals a year ago.... a mid 90 degree day....

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dang, wish I was there. I spent the weekend in somewhat sunny Florida. I guess this confirms our suspicions that Milan Dragway *****!!!! Congrats on the time as it is about .3 or .4 better than your average runs at Milan from what I remember. Which makes me think I would definitely be in the 11's at Grand Bend. Maybe we'll make that import vs. domestic thing in October.

HSSSTOY

Enthusiast
Reaction score

..Good run Ryan, you have a strong car saw that at dyno day. Just work on your 60' time and you will be in the 11's, remember you are at lake level and not sea level.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prosperitymirra