PCM codes

jbjetjock

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The CE light illuminated on my snake and when I got the codes scanned, PO132 and PO152 came up. Anybody know what these codes are? I have headers so I'm thinking that the codes are related to the front O2 sensors. Any help would be appreciated.

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The codes for front O2 heater sensor malfunction are 135/155. Those codes (132/152) are a "short to ground" problem on your front O2 sensors, often seen after the wires for the front sensors have been lengthened for a header install. Were yours lengthened?

Ronnie

OP
OP
J

jbjetjock

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ronnie,
Thanks for the information. Yes, my wires were lengthened so I may have a short somewhere, however I have been driving the car for awhile with no problems. I will check the wiring. Incidentally, my car started running very rich, backfiring and was bogging down during mild acceleration just prior to the CE light coming on. Would a short cause this?

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check the wiring, but even if you don't see anything abnormal you still may have a problem. My understanding is that lengthening the wires can cause the fault even if the wiring is OK, because the wires' resistance to voltage is altered by lengthening them. The PCM is set to see a certain resistance, and if it sees something else it triggers the codes. You may want to check out the new header friendly 02 sensors that Dan Cragin is marketing, which have the correct length wires and are guaranteed not to trigger the heater sensor codes as well. On the running rich issue, if the check engine light is on, the PCM will pull timing and make the car run pig rich (or maybe hog rich would be a better word because a lot of these cars run pig rich already
smile.gif
).

Ronnie