Have to take it to the dealer.... he hooks up his little computer
and does some pass's with his majic wand and hands you the FOB
back and you get to test it....

The dealer did it for me free... and cut my new key that I
got off of ebay for free too

Andy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No need to take it to the dealer. You just have to ground a green wire near where your left knee would be. turn the key to run (but don't start the car). The alarm led on the dash should now be flashing. Press and hold the fob button for 10 seconds, turn the key off, disconnect the green wire from ground.

The whole process will take less time that driving to the dealer, and doesn't require any tools.

Note that you have do all fobs at once. This process wipes out old fobs. If you email me your fax number, I can fax that page from the shop manual. It's worth the $60.

OP
OP
S

SurfSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So if I tried to program myself I would need 2 people to program the 2 key fobs at the same time? stock one and the used one? The only problem with going to the dealer is time and the closest one is about an hour away. thanks for the advice

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS">You don't do them at the same time, you do them serially, one after the other. 30 seconds of inaction ='s start over.</FONT f>

Andy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doh! Yes, I explained it badly. You do them one at a time, but in a row. You can do up to 4. Once the green wire is disconnected, ones not done during that session are deleted.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave