SRT - who will be the first tuner to MOD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan,

I think it will be 6 months or so after the SRT comes out before you will see basics mods like airboxes, headers, etc. I wouldn't expect to see SRT's with major mods on the street for an additional 4-6 months.

The first thing you will see is some crossover of parts from the SRT to the Gen II's - starting with wheels/tires. Rumor has it that the intake will be interchangable.

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I don't know who the first tuner will be, but the first mod will be a totally new body panel package to replace the fugly one that came from the factory.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
It will probably look similar to a GEN II style Viper. My guess is Autoform.

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think the manifolds are interchangable.... but I could be wrong.

... I have plans..............shhhh......can't tell anyone yet
wink.gif

MM

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know about blowers and turbos, but N20 setups are a no-brainer, being relatively inexpensive, and would be VERY easy to adapt to the SRT-10.

So I'd guess that the first SRT-10s that we see getting into the 10s and 9s will be N20 cars.

-Dean.

LTHL VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have a customer who is very interested in upgrading his to the LETHAL 750 package right off the lot. May not even drive it first....wow...he has much more will power than I have...

Oh well!! to each his own. We hope to have it completed within a month of receiving it.

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, Sean Roe beat everyone to the punch. I know he has a deposit for a S/C that is to be installed on a new SRT/10.

Reaction score
Dan -

Just like your Viper, I purchased one for our beta car
smile.gif
. Unlike yours, we'll remove the engine & drivetrain to source the internals. I've already arranged with major manufacturers to construct parts we'll need to improve quality for higher stress loads and produce more power.

We have an abundance of customers already committed for the new SRT package. It actually exceeded our expectations so I wanted to get the ball rolling now!

Regards,
Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.