Questions About The 2001 and 2002 Dodge Viper RT/10's

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Questions About The 2001 and 2002 Dodge Viper RT/10\'s

Good evening. These questions are for owners of 2001 or 2002 Dodge Viper RT/10's. I have been getting a bunch of mixed reviews about 01 and 02 Viper RT/10's and have no idea what to believe. First of all, is this car a good daily driver? I would be driving this car every day about 50 miles. Have you ever had any problems with your Viper? I heard that there is a problem when the car is in the rain. A dealer told me that it leaks sometimes. Is this true? How about tires for these cars? How often are they needed? Gas mileage? Is it livable? How many miles would you say you get with a full tank? If there is anything else that you think I should know it would be greatly appreciated. Also any bad things about the Viper would be great too. I am just trying to get the correct information before I potentially buy this car.
Thank you very much for your time!!
Keith

-RUNNR

Site programmer
Reaction score
Re: Questions About The 2001 and 2002 Dodge Viper RT/10\'s

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by F355:
First of all, is this car a good daily driver? I would be driving this car every day about 50 miles.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I drive mine as much as I can. My office trip is only 21 miles one way, on terrible NH roads.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by F355:
Have you ever had any problems with your Viper? I heard that there is a problem when the car is in the rain. A dealer told me that it leaks sometimes. Is this true?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I have occasionally gotten wet in my car, but normally only during a HEAVY downpour. During a "normal" rain I stay dry.

How about tires for these cars? How often are they needed?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Going on 14,000 miles on the original tires.

Gas mileage? Is it livable? How many miles would you say you get with a full tank?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Depends on how you drive it. I drive in lower gears a lot, just because I like the sound of it. Therefore, my mileage suffers. I usually get about 10mpg in city.

If there is anything else that you think I should know it would be greatly appreciated. Also any bad things about the Viper would be great too. I am just trying to get the correct information before I potentially buy this car.
Thank you very much for your time!!
Keith
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is a lot to the Viper. It's a beast. 'nuff said
smile.gif

Nasty 10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: Questions About The 2001 and 2002 Dodge Viper RT/10\'s

F355
I had the same concerns as you are having. I just bought a new 2001 RT/10 and it will be driven everyday, yes even in the rain. It's doesn't do very well on gas, but I new that. The power and looks of the car make up for any bad things you will find. My first issue is trying to find a place for a sub
grazy.gif