Custom Interior

GCHDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was thinking of starting a custom interior business for vipers. As I understand Venzo(I Think) is the only manufacturer out there doing custom Viper interiors. I am a Toyota Dealer and we have a outside vendor that does leather interiors for the dealership. These hides come presewn and enough leather is sent to do the door panels.
We were looking a changing the color of the interior of my Viper and discovered that no one sews a seat for a Viper because all Vipers come standard with leather. Plan B-- He is going to use my seat as a pattern and sew tan hides with red stitching and may even do some embrodering. I have been doing business with him for five years and if TOYOTA (the manufacter) trusts him and autherizes him then I do to. ANY INTERESTS????????

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since I am a former Ferrari owner, I LOVE the tan leather cars on red exterior.

Viper door panels ****!!! Who would put CHEAP carpet on a door panel on a $80k car??? The first cleaning causes the carpet to shed. Cars with low mileage can look really worn out.

So I would consider it.

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lotsahp,
it turned out awesome!

GCHdealer,
i would like an alternative to Venzano. I was quoted $3500
for 2 seats, ouch!
i want to upgrade them but almost $4k is a bit much.

good luck
JIM

OP
OP
G

GCHDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$3500.00 is
bs[1].gif
. We are thinking around $1695.00 for seats, center console and door panels. That would be any color leather and stitching. Add $100.00 for embroidery such as VIPER, RT/10, GTS, SNAKE, LOGO?, or whatever you want it to say. Installation will be FREE. If you want to send your parts to us or bring your car. If you request we will send the kit to you and you can have an upholstery shop do it in you home town. Installation is simple instructions will be included.
cool.gif
Chad Harrison

Mr U-2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ditto....I really think a beautiful Tan leather interior would look great on my Red GTS....it's the color combo I really wanted. I've got it on my old Black Jag and I love the look. I'm looking to do more Perf mods first but since we're nearly neighbors I'll keep you in mind...keep us informed and good luck.

Paul

OP
OP
G

GCHDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone else interested? Please reply. Tomorrow we a cutting our first patterns for 92-96 cars. Keep in mind we would be several weeks before going into production. BTW LotsaHP your interior looks incredible. These are the kind of interiors that we will be offering, all pieces pre-sewn and simple to install.
cool.gif

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GCHDEALER,
sounds good but i have a 2001.
so because years matter will you be making a later model year pattern too?
Also does your kit include the knee bolsters?

might be a nice winter project.
keep us posted
good luck
JIM

OP
OP
G

GCHDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jim,
Absolutely knee bolsters will be included in the kit. As far a Gen II cars are concerned that is another Yes. I am looking to buy one sometime in the near future. In the mean while if the business takes off, maybe someone who lives close to the North Florida area can bring a Gen II car for us to make a pattern from and we would do their car for cost of materials. Sounds like a good deal ayah. How does SNAKE HIDES sound for the name of the shop?
laughing2[1].gif

Bad Asp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Snake hides sounds good! I am interested in maybe a two-tone red/black but tasteful for a 01 GTS. Keep us posted!

Bob W

OP
OP
G

GCHDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you for all the interest. A new Viper Accessory Company was Born today. SNAKE HYDES! To everyone who emailed I tried to get back to you, but if I missed you drop me another line and I will get back with you ASAP. We will be putting up a website in the near future with pictures of my car before during and after. There is also the possibility of developing a new soft top for the RT's. No more getting wet when caught out in the rain.
bounce.gif
. I received the leather swatches for our supplier today and there are so many color options, even a blue that is a match for the 96-97 gts cars. I will take your interior from mild to wild or anywhere in between.
Snake Hydes
cool.gif

Tomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is awesome...And your prices seem real reasonable...Finally, not having to pay an order of magnitude above what might seem reasonable is great...

Good luck with Snake Hydes!!!

Tomer
PS Now if someone photo shopped some sort of template so a snake owner could take the template of a standard interior and "add" colour combos, see it real time, hey that would be very kewl!!! Talk about value add!!!

-RUNNR

Site programmer
Reaction score
I would be interested at $1700 for seats, bolsters, and door panels. Half the price of someplace else....

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FUSCUCLA1
my yellow brother ...
yes the original yellow and the 2001+2002 yellow.
what color did dodge name the original?
i know the later is called viper race yellow.

The first viper i ever drove was on vacation a 95 yellow RT
and i ended up with a 2001 yellow RT!!!

love yellow fever regardless of shade but yes keep in mind
2 different yell ohs!!!!
smile.gif

JIM
smile.gif

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
good idea, and one of the few times where a supplier will not add a "Viper Tax" on top of their regular profit.

I have a 2000GTS with black interior.

luc.

OP
OP
G

GCHDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Marty,
I had not considered replacing carpet with leather originally but I guess that it would not be a problem to do so. As far a "Viper Tax" is concerned the manufacturers that do that to there customers is full of
bsflag[1].gif
and should be ashamed
nono.gif
of themselves. Don't you think Dodge and the government got enough $$$$$$$$ from us when we bought our cars. 70k to 80k, luxury tax, gas guzzler tax, and of course sales tax. My product will be priced with everyone in mind. I would rather have interior in everyone's cars rather than the 100 people that did not mind shelling out $5,000.00 for a tacky interior.
Snake Hydes
Chad Harrison
Burt LeBlanc

OP
OP
G

GCHDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
New hide arrived today and we will be removing the interior from the car Monday. The hide came in with no flaws and looks 100%. The dye is consistent and mill (thickness) is the same through out. When we remove the interior we will be video taping the whole process for those of you who want to buy the leather kit and install it yourself. If you want to have your upholstery shop do it the video will assist them in removal, leather install, and replacement of interior.
cool.gif

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jimandela:
FUSCUCLA1
my yellow brother ...
yes the original yellow and the 2001+2002 yellow.
what color did dodge name the original?
i know the later is called viper race yellow.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

jim,

the original yellow was called "dandelion yellow" which seems very soft for the name of a color on such a neanderthal car.. although it does fit fuscucla..
smile.gif

if you want to retain some type of manly dignity when asked what color the car is, some people just call it "bright yellow"..

- eddie -

Viperoctane

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GCHDEALER,

I am very intrested in the interior!! Are you taking orders for GENII's or not yet ?? Take care

jkracer9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck w/ the new venture. It will be all about quality and the rest will fall into place. Venzano is one of the best for many reasons. Then again just like a 9.8 sec run their is a faster number. Like Venzano being the best, quality & service can change that. Best service, best quality will always take the seat first. I have never seen better than Venzano yet but things happen.
Again Good Luck

FUSCUCLA1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Eddie N:
jim,

the original yellow was called "dandelion yellow" which seems very soft for the name of a color on such a neanderthal car.. although it does fit fuscucla..
smile.gif

if you want to retain some type of manly dignity when asked what color the car is, some people just call it "bright yellow"..

- eddie -

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks ALOT Eddie
emb.gif
pissed.gif
, I thought it was called dandelion, but it looks like the fly yellow that they used on the diablo to me so I would have to say fly yellow if ever asked. Who the hell approved the name dandelion
dunno.gif
?!?!!?!?!!

Im gonna have to post some pictures of me to get away from this
baby[1].gif
pansy/dandelion stigma.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

OP
OP
G

GCHDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Venumish,
As soon as the proto-type car is finished so that I can be absolutely positive that I am producing a "VIPER QUALITY" product, I will begin to take orders for other cars. One of our favorite distributors has offered to send me a Gen II interior to make a Pattern from. When my car is ready I will post pictures before and after on the board. Maybe by then my website will be ready.

Br,
A tutone interior will be offered as well as perforated leather. Any color combo that you can imagine.

8AVETTE,
I truly eat my own words
emb.gif
that interior is outstanding not tacky at all. Must be the Yellow. I fully intend to build that kind of quality into every interior that I sell. Hopefully saving everyone a couple grand.

8AVETTE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank You, I am very happy with it. Sounds like you have the attitude and the drive to make it work,that's what it takes to be successful in business today.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets