Dazed and Confused: Viper Tech Needed

ACR Larry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it is true that Dave Jenkins is sitting on a sandy beach sipping on a tropical drink with an umbrella sticking out of it, I am going to need a Viper tech very soon.

In a couple days I am going to have a Roe Racing Supercharger sitting on my doorstep without a Viper tech to install it. Unless DJ shows up from his drunken AWOL abandonment of his duties, I am going to need a qualified Viper tech to install my SC.

I called Tuttle Click (DJ's old shop) and talked with a guy that said he can install the SC but I have no idea what his credentials are. He didn't seem to know who Sean Roe was and that made me very nervous. If I was changing the oil, I would have no problem bringing it to a new tech, but a SC, I don't think so.

Is Dan C. from the Viper shop the guy for the job? I hear there is a tech in Carson. Has anyone has any experience working with him? Is there anyone else that one of the LA/OC guys can recommend?

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go Dave, ENJOY the time off!!

Dan C. is more then qualified for the insall !
BURNOUT.gif

I just finished "CitySnake's" S/C install, and let me tell you: IT'S KICK A$$
yesnod.gif
!!
Flights run every day.
supergrin.gif
[hint hint]

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dan cragin is definitely the guy to talk to, although i dont know if there will be any conflict of interest issues installing the supercharger since dan cragin also markets his own forced induction kit (at nearly the same price point)..

you can also try john horton in temecula.. he is an ex viper tech that now owns west coast viper..909 676 1204.. i met him at a track event, seems like a nice young guy.. i know that john dearing trusts him
smile.gif
.. might be a bit far though...

the viper tech in carson is another dan c, dan castletine.. hes at don kott chrysler.. dont have the number handy..

- eddie -

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'd trust Dan C. in a heartbeat. I had the opportunity to meet him during a socal viper cruise a few months ago. As I pulled up to the meeting place to start our caravan, there were a few vipers already parked. I had just bought my final edition and was eager to show it off to just about anyone. Dan walked up, introduced himself, and asked if he could take a look at the car. He walked around the car, even though it is essentially like about any other GTS, and just looked at the car from every angle. He popped the hood and looked at the engine, pointing out different parts to me. When he handled the hood, you could see the care he took with it. He handled it like it was a newborn baby. The guy loves vipers and it really showed. I'd trust Dan with my car than I trust me with my car.

GONABITE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to put anyone down on there abilities but it does not take a "Viper Tech" to install the ROE S/C. I just installed my ROE S/C today. Remember Sean made this a DIY project and that is what it is,. The instructions are excellent the fit is wonderful and the finished product is the best. So if there is a good mechanic in you area that you would bring your daily driver to than I am more than certain he could handle this project. Good luck on the install and better yet on enjoying the ride.

OP
OP
A

ACR Larry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He lives. Good to hear from ya DJ. Put down the drink and give me a call today.

GonaB, Knowing Sean's work, I'm sure he made childs play of the installation but the same applies here as when I had lasik surgery performed on my eyes. I researched the literature for the highest qualified surgeon in the country and went directly to him for the surgery. I had all the confidence in the world that my choice was the one with the least risk. I feel the same about my Viper. If I have my druthers, nobody does work on it but DJ. It looks like I am going to get my druthers. Does anybody know what a "druther" is anyway?

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Yes, its a contraction of "I'd rather".

Vic- engrish teechur at larg.

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vic:
Yes, its a contraction of "I'd rather".

Vic- engrish teechur at larg.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which is a contradiction in terms since "I'd" is a contraction in and of itself. Thus 'druthers (note the prefixed apostrophy) is actually a contraction of 'I would rather' a three word contraction.

I'm suprised you California guys know anything of this because I'm sure it originated in South Texas.
laugh.gif

References:
Redneck un-abridged dictionary
Hillbilly almanac

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bad_Byte:
Which is a contradiction in terms since "I'd" is a contraction in and of itself. Thus 'druthers (note the prefixed apostrophy) is actually a contraction of 'I would rather' a three word contraction.

I'm suprised you California guys know anything of this because I'm sure it originated in South Texas.
laugh.gif

References:
Redneck un-abridged dictionary
Hillbilly almanac

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, thats right. I didn't even notice the contraction in "I'd"

You get the excrutiating minutia award for the day!
laugh.gif

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tomer:
How much is the DIY SC kit...I am getting excited, but will it work on my 96 RT?

Tomer

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

which DIY SC kit?

as far as working on your RT, i dont think so.. as far as i know the 96 rt10 engine is the gen I engine with the gen II intake, and the alternator is still located in a different position then on the gen IIs..

- eddie -

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper