Viper Sighting in Centerville, Ohio Yesterday

S

SUN RA KAT

I was driving North to go home on Main St.and saw a red GTS going South. We both beeped at each other. I think we were both very surprised to see a real car on the road for a change.

Is this anyone here?

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was me...but...it was my Toyota photoshopped to look like a red GTS.
supergrin.gif

Pick me up some Bills Donuts and a Marions pizza would ya?

OP
OP
S

SUN RA KAT

TobyT - I'll be glad to pick both of them up for you. I'll just have one piece of your Marion's pizza - the round one.

Oops! I think your donuts got eaten by one of Centerville's Finest.

BTW - I was at Bill's Donuts 4:00 AM this past Sunday morning and inside was one of Centerville's Finest...eating donuts! While I was driving to Bill's from Centerville High School (the marching band just got back from a band competition & I'm chaperone/pit crew/photographer/videographer with the band), I saw 4 red lights being run and the high school is about a mile from Bill's Donuts.

To Serve and Protect. Or is it To Serve Donuts and Protect the Cup of Coffee?

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good old Centerville Cops...I remember back in the mid 80's they had Volvos for cop cars.

Hey..when I get my Viper this winter (I hope) we will have to hook up and do some cruising.

How is the CHS band doing?..when I was there (86 grad) they were one heck of a group...bunch of geeks!
smile.gif
...but a good band no less.

If you see a black AC Cobra with red stripes running around Centerville....give him a run for his money. I know him very well. It's a Kirkum kit (80K+) with a real 427 side oiler rated at 500+ HP.

OP
OP
S

SUN RA KAT

The Centerville Jazz Band has been one of the top high school marching bands in the country for the past dozen years. It's the last place to find geeks these days. My daughter is a senior and has played electric bass with the band all 4 years. she's a monster on the bass, both acoustic and electric, and plays in the top jazz bands & combos when she's not doing the marching band gig.

The Volvos were retired many years ago. Centerville now has regular police cars and a motorcycle and pedal bicycles, too!

Haven't seen any Cobras, black or otherwise lately. Did see a red early RT-10 a few months ago. There's a red Ferrari and a yellow Lambourghini around. The Lambo is owned by the local nudie bar owner...

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you guys are hijacking this thread!! thats one strike for you both!!
smile.gif

isnt it surreal when you spot another viper cruising along?

REDSLED and i were on our way to viper days and were cruising through this small town when we spotted another blue with white stripes GTS about 100 ft away at a stop sign.. i made eye contact with the guy and we both had this "what the F?" look on our faces like we were confused at what was happening.. time seemed to stand still for those 10 seconds, and then we parted ways..

i wrote it off since i just figured he was on his way to viper days as well, but i didnt see the guy any of the three days at the track...

- eddie -

OP
OP
S

SUN RA KAT

Eddie N -

I see more Yellow Corvettes (And wave or honk at them) than I do Vipers and Yellow Vettes are pretty rare, too.

Your description of seeing another Viper on the road with you is an apt one around here, and probably most other places as well. My first thoughts when I saw the Viper were "Wow! Is that really a Viper I'm seeing?" Then I honked & waved and so did he.

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SUN RA KAT:
The Centerville Jazz Band has been one of the top high school marching bands in the country for the past dozen years. It's the last place to find geeks these days. My daughter is a senior and has played electric bass with the band all 4 years. she's a monster on the bass, both acoustic and electric, and plays in the top jazz bands & combos when she's not doing the marching band gig.

The Volvos were retired many years ago. Centerville now has regular police cars and a motorcycle and pedal bicycles, too!

Haven't seen any Cobras, black or otherwise lately. Did see a red early RT-10 a few months ago. There's a red Ferrari and a yellow Lambourghini around. The Lambo is owned by the local nudie bar owner...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I meant Geek in the most respectful way! I dated a few times a really beautiful band girl so I know. One time at band camp...
laugh.gif

I know the guys you talk about who own Diamonds. Scott and Luke. I know Scott and I am good friends with his Brother.

The Cobra is parked in a Million + dollar home in Yankee Trace.

Good luck to your daughter. CHS is a great school!

venmous

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mmmm. . .************* and soundwaves. . .I spent more money in those two places growing up than any other in Dayton. I would drive my truck over to get the stereo upgraded, then go to ************* (right next to Arrow Wine? at Yankee Trace) and buy CD's and guitar strings.

I grew up in Prebl-tucky, I mean Preble County.

venmous

Viper Owner
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TobyT:
But you forgot to mention your trip to "Philman's" for all your smoking needs.
supergrin.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah yes! The home of the whip-it !!, and all your ***** and tobacco smoking waterpipes and hookahs. . .in the shopping center on the north side of 725, next to the pool hall.

(wasn't this about Centerville Viper sightings ??)

OP
OP
S

SUN RA KAT

TobyT - I suppose then that you used to highly praise the trip to get to Philman's?
Do you also remember the Ticket Man?

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually I have never even smoked a cigarette. I did go in that place once just to check it out and felt even then I was braking some sort of law.

I am a "Mr Clean" my only vice is cars.

I never heard of Ticket man...or maybe I forgot.

Man am I craving a hot breakfast at the Golden Nugget.

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
okay, Ken, post a pic so the board can decide on the appropriateness of the bikini, by that I mean no use of metal in the surely tasteful apparel choice, therefore minimizing the chance of harming the paint.........enough digging deeper......

In other news MotorCityMadMan and I would love to come over and check out your...............car when the charger is on, your daughter need not be home, promise!!!

take care,

VIPR GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ken, I go a report that a yellow GTS was driving between Springboro and Centerville tonight, Tuesday, about 5:30, was it you? Also, still no call from Sean, we should be on for delivery very soon.

Viper Heart & Ken, stay away from 42 between Xenia and SpringValley, very heavily patrolled by the county's finest.
Maybe we should get a southern Ohio run through Hocking and the Athens area together for an upcoming Sunday.

Mark, you are talking about our new VCA pres, Terry Bosserman, he also has a 2001 GTS, sapphire blue with stripes, among many other neat toys. Try [email protected]

OP
OP
S

SUN RA KAT

VIPR GTS -

That Yellow Viper be me!

Sean got some parts that were not made to spec, so some of the next batch of superchargers are being delayed about a week until parts that meet specs come in.

South of Spring Valley on 42 is not patrolled nearly as much as north of Spring Valley, but the curves and hills make it safe for only a quick run up to speed and back to the speed limit, no top end runs...

=====================================================
Viperzzilla -

The photographer took one photo with both our Vipers in focus and my daughter in her teenie-****** bikini out of focus. I wonder if I'd be "allowed" to post it here...

The other photos had her & my Yellow Viper in focus and the Red RT-10 lurking in the background. The photographer and I both thought that at least one of those shots should be enlarged to 20" x 30". I wonder if I'd be "allowed" to post them here...

I met Terry Bosserman, with a 2001 GTS, sapphire blue with stripes, at a cruise in car show in Findlay, Ohio. That's where I sat in a Viper RT-10 and discovered I'm too tall for one even with a 2" seat lowering kit, so I bought a GTS.

=======================================================
Mark Cooper Red 00 GTS VA -

I don't know Terry in OH with a 96-7 Blue White GTS.

viper heart -

South of Waynesville on 42 is a good place to cruise, too.

Udder Delights, an ice cream parlor with a 50's-60's theme in Centerville has cruise in nights during the summer on Wednesdays and usually 50 to over 100 good cars show up. It's on 725 (Centerville-Miamisburg Rd.) about a mile from the center of Centerville heading west towards the Dayton Mall (which isn't in Dayton - it's in Miamisburg).

genXgts -

My daughter wanted to drape herself across the hood of my Viper, but that was the only photo that she wanted to do that I did not OK.

As for the other photos, I wonder if I'd be "allowed" to post them here...but she's thin and her bikini is real small, so she doesn't cover up much of my Viper when she posed with it...

Youse guys are more than welcome to come on over and check out my Viper when I get my Roe Supercharger installed. My daughter might even be selling autographed photos of herself posing with my Viper.

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey Ken! I live in Morrow but in 2 months when the new house is done I will be in Mason. After the house...comes the Viper... we will all have to hook up next spring.

OP
OP
S

SUN RA KAT

My daughter got "sick" last Thursday and had her high school senior pictures taken in Centerville by a professional photographer. She wanted me to bring my Viper so she could get photos of her wearing her bikini with the Viper even though it was 49 degrees out. She got more than she bargained for! The photographer had his red Gen I Viper at his studio there, too. We set up our Vipers so there was my Yellow Viper GTS and his Red RT-10 in the photos. I also got more than I bargained for when I saw the hankie size worth of material that was her bikini.

viper heart - It's about time you stopped lurking! I will have to cruise south to Springboro to see if we can find each other. I usually cruise north to Kettering and Oakwood to practice driving in traffic - my Viper is my 1st manual shift car and I like to pracrice in non rush hour traffic. I like to also cruise State Route 42 between Spring Valley and Waynesville - the perfect example of a pork barrel highway project - 4 lane divided highway in rural Ohio with almost no traffic and almost none of Ohio's Finest checking speeds. That is where I go to calibrate my Sean Roe VEC1 for the heavy load (WOT) settings.

TobyT - Here's to an early spring and your new Viper!
seeya.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456