NEW H.I.D LIGHTING FOR VIPERS

GCHDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know about the H.I.D Lighting system offered by Roe Racing? They are offered in the Roe Racing brochure for $569.00 plus S&H. Are they light the lights in the Mercedes and BMW (BLUE/WHITE)? I purchased H.I.D Bulbs from Ebay and lets just say
puke.gif
they ****. They look cool but I can't see anything.

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is true HID but are not legal in US since they don't have auto leveling system. I used PIAA and they a lot better than stock. ROE HID is on my list.

Paul S Lacey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love the Roe HID's best thing I fitted to the GTS.

No point in having 600hp if you can't see where you are going.

Takes 5 minutes per side to fit and gives your car that nice blue glow.

Score 10 out of 10

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Roe lights are true HID and cast a very white light. Much better looking, in my opinion, then the blue color of the BMW/Audis which look like blue halogen bulbs.

THEMASH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GCHDEALER:
They are offered in the Roe Racing brochure for $569.00 plus S&H.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think he dropped his price to $499 till Xmas, might want to check with him on that.

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS">True HID, Plug & Play, everything fits inside headlight housing, looks totally stock, easy to remove and return to stock.

No brainer if you drive a lot at night. Make sure your lights are aligned well or you'll have a bunch of unfriendlys looking for you.</FONT f>

Scorch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HID's do NOT require autolevel in the US to be legal. This is a European regulation.

Headlamp optics are a very finicky beast and highly regulated world wide. Putting any light source in them other than what came from the factory will make them illegal from a light output perspective (too much glare for sure and possibly too much center punch in this case).

Just for kicks, ask Roe for an isocandela plot with your HID's for proof that they will be legal and see what they say.

I'm a big fan of HID's, they just need to be designed into the headlamp from the start to be legal and give the best performance at the same time.

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Just for kicks, ask Roe for an isocandela plot with your HID's for proof that they will be legal and see what they say.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I imagine they will say, "Our HID lights are not DOT approved and are sold for exhibition or off road use only," just like their website says.

OP
OP
G

GCHDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. If I understand correctly they fit inside the existing headlamp and do not replace the whole assembly. If so, how can I clean up my lens and take the scratches and stress marks out of them?

Scorch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper headlamp lenses are molded of polycarbonate (a hard plastic) and coated on the outside with a material that is UV and scratch resistant. You might try a plastic polish but go easy. The coating is thin. Without this coating the lenses would turn yellow in months and obviously scratch more easily.

Vip-RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the Roe HIDs and love them. They are perfect, if your lights are aligned b4 installation, there will be no problems with the HIDs. Great mod and investment, and it is a true plug and play.

farrbar

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have the ROE HIDs. They are the real thing, very similar look to the BMW light. Although they are "not street legal" I have never had any problems (Put them in the day I got my '01).

Several fellow Viper owners questioned the improved visibility, until we lined up cars at a VCA meeting, they are now believers.

Good luck.

Farrbar

-03 Black - SRT/10 (incoming)
-01 Yellow RT/10
-94 Black RT/10

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235