65 MM throttle Bodies on Gen I Viper, Good or Bad idea?

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not completely true, depends on your mods. With what your proposing, you may not see much improvement. You would need to add 1.7 rocker to your list to get the boost in HP. There was a thread back six month ago, 97 GTS, added TBs and rockers together and boosted HP 40+. You need the engine to flow more air by getting a little more lift. I am doing the same type mod, but with 62mm TB's and 1.7 Arrows in two months. I will be doing a before and after dyno.

Mike

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bigr1:
I am thinking of getting the 65MM throttle bodies for my Gen I ......I am going to do the following mods:
1. Belanger cat-back
2. Mopar street headers
3. Smoothie tubes with K&N's
4. 3.55's (eventually)
5. Gen II fan upgrade
Do you guys think that i should get the throttle bodies, or will they create problems for me?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1) They wont create problems on Gen1(97 comparo not apples-apples)
2) With those planned mods ONLY, they likley wont make HP either.
3) They could even SLOW the air velocity and rob low-ent torque!
4) I agree, to roller-rockers first, THEN TBS later.

JonB

PBJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,
This sort of goes with this topic... what size throttle bodies came stock on a '99 GTS? I have ported the stock t/bodies to smooth flow and match ported the intake to the t/bodies. I have a set of 1.7 MP rockers on the way and I am pulling the heads to do a mild port job. I have a custom grind cam from TNT (555 package), stepped hedders, no cats, TNT cat back exhaust (3 1/2"), 3.55 gears, underdrive pulley (25%), VEC1, and smooth tubes to conical k&n's. Would stepping up to a set of 70mm throttle bodies help out much or am I better off where I am ? I am painting the car right now and the hood is off. I keep looking at the engine compartment and wondering if throttle bodies would help or not. Bigr1, I didn't mean to steal your thread, I was equally as curious as you....I hope you understand. I have the factory street hedders with covers, Roe smooth tubes, K&N's, and the factory air box sitting in my garage doing nothing except collecting dust. If any of those pieces would do you any good, shoot me a e-mail and I will make you a wonderful deal to make a pathway through my garage. Any comments to my questions would be a great help.
Thanks,
Joe

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PBJ:
Hey guys,
I have..... smooth tubes to conical k&n's. I have the factory street hedders with covers, Roe smooth tubes, K&N's, and the factory air box sitting in my garage doing nothing except collecting dust.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Joe........want more HP? Reinstall the Roe tubes and de-baffle the OE airbox! Youll make more HP. Your droop-snoot cones are the only "Hot Air Induction Kit" on the market. Tastes great. Less Filling. Your NACA is now the world's fastest bug scoop, and is filling the V with dust and bug-bits as it pressurizes your hood and creates lift.

Option: If you like the stainless tube look, use our polished 3" set with 2.5" red silicone clampless reducers. Then, if you go to 70mm you are ready! And the 3" tubes look great and leave the NACA rammin' air as it was designed........

bigr1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am thinking of getting the 65MM TNT Motorsport twin throttle bodies for my Gen I Viper to try to squeeze more power out of this thing.

I am going to do the following mods:

1. Belanger cat-back
2. Mopar street headers
3. Smoothie tubes with K&N's
4. 3.55's (eventually)
5. Gen II fan upgrade

Do you guys think that i should get the throttle bodies, or will they create problems for me? what are the pro's and con's?