TO ALL FORUM PERFORMANCE VENDORS

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You might want to send that same e-mail to all the vendors listed and if you want the VCA discount you might want to include your number. It might also hep if you made this post in the supplier section.

Good luck and happy hunting. You did forget the most dynamic mod there is, driving school. I hope you get a chance to try one one cause that will give you more speed than any of the mods you listed.

Chuck 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steve Ferguson:
You did forget the most dynamic mod there is, driving school. I hope you get a chance to try one one cause that will give you more speed than any of the mods you listed.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

rolleyes.gif
While I agree driving school is a good idea, all the driving school in the world isn't going to help you dust the modded Vette, Supra, etc. next to you on the street. And let's be honest, that's all most Viper owners want anyway.

bounce.gif

NJVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ONE MORE TIME....

I have decided on the following modifications for my 2001 GTS.

Instead of coming across an unappreciative new VCA member, I would offer like to receive the best prices and quality brand new parts from supporting VCA advertisers on the following items:

1.) Mopar or Bellanger Viper cat-back, 3",(Part#: ????), Qty 1
2.) Viper High-Flow Cats, 3",(Car Sound, Part#: CS94009), Qty 2
3.) Exhaust seals (NOTE: Still debating welding the front and then clamping from catalytic converters and back)
4.) Viper Snake Boxes -[I don't know if this is just a Sanke-Oyl Product only --&gt;304 SS Rear Exhaust (GTS)]
5.) Smooth Tubes, black, 2.5", Qty 2
6.) S&B, not K&N, Filter
7.) Speedometer Recalibration Module, (Part#: ABBERA), Qty 1
8.) Viper 3.55 Gearset,(Unitrax, Part #: UNIVIPER GEARS), Qty 1
9.) All parts necessary for #8 (ie-straps, shims, bearings,
etc.), (Part#: AMMisc), Qty 1
10.) Viper Radiator Hoses, Black, Gen2, with Air Bleeder Screws,
(Part#: APX80101), Qty 1 kit
11.) Skip Shift Delete Kit, Qty 1
12.) EBC Green Pads, Viper,Front,92+,(Part#: EBCDP21031),Qty 1
(2/set)
13.) EBC Green Pads, Viper,Rear,01+,(Part#: EBCDP21164),Qty 1
(2/set)

Other possibilities, but would still like to get quotes:
- R&M ripper shifter
- VEC1 computer
- Sim computer

PLEASE ITEMIZE ALL COSTS & REMEMBER TO INCLUDE ALL SHIPPING & HANDLING CHARGES, TAXES (If applicable, for New Jersey) and AND ANY OTHER CHARGES...no suprises please!

Any and all discounts (VCA member, etc.) are greatly appreciated!

Would also appreciate the names of any qualified installers in/around the Central New Jersey area (outside of the capital: Trenton).

Please send all written quotations to: [email protected]

Again, due to limited time, this method is alot easier than calling everyone one at a time!

Thanks again.

NJVIPER

NJVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It seems as though I may have inadvertently offended by my posting and I am not afraid to admit if I am wrong.
I will never mention a name, but I had sent out the following note.

"I want to first begin by stating that my intent was never to embarass any of the supporting vendors by my posting.
I have already spoken with other vendors who have also said they invested time in trying to explain the different components I have asked for, but stated this would be part of their value added service above and beyond just selling some components.
My intent, as with the way I conduct any other business, is to get the best possible prices, service and quality possible.
I do no have a lot of money to work with and I am trying to get the best bang for my buck.
As I mentioned in the post, I am shopping and I was trying to be honest
As I have stated, I am very much a beginner in the Viper world and my intent is not to disrespect you or any of the other supporting vendors in any way and again my sincerest apologies if it was perceived that way.
I hope that the supporting vendors please understand where I am coming from and accept my apology for any disparaging remarks I may have written.
The last thing I want to do is anger anyone on the forum....especially when I am trying to learn and fit in."

Again..plain and simple...I am shopping for the best price, service, quality that I can get with limited funds in a squeezed economy as anyone else would do...with no disrespect directed towards anyone.

Thank you,
Tim (NJVIPER)

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
confused.gif
confused.gif
How, with all you wrote, did you offend any of the vendors? Your using this media to find the best price possible for the parts you desire. Good idea! If any of them were offended, I would like to know why? I would say to this thinned skinned idividual.... "get a life". You did nothing wrong, my $.02

Mike

OP
OP
S

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tim, you wrote a very nice post and it lets ALL vendors know what you are in search of. But since some might not find this post you might want to deal direct with all that can provide your wish list?

And Chuckie, with a little driving school you might be able to beat those posers on any given track. Isn't it more humiliating when they have 20 million HP and you toast them around the track with slight mods and great skill! Now that will knock them back harder than loosing to a wallet!

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sir,

Your post did not strike me as offensive and the items that you wish to add to your Viper are commonplace throuought the Viper community. The most expensive item that you are requesting is the gear change. I for one, don't see the value in doing a gear swap, especially if you are considering further modifications to the car as time and dollars permit. I suggest that you further consider the gear change option and maybe save those funds for more meaningful mods down the road.

Take care and best of luck to you.

Tom

Chuck 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steve Ferguson:

And Chuckie, with a little driving school you might be able to beat those posers on any given track. Isn't it more humiliating when they have 20 million HP and you toast them around the track with slight mods and great skill! Now that will knock them back harder than loosing to a wallet!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree 100%, if we are talking road racing. But for street/drag racing, mods are where it's at. Unless, of course, SW, Jamie Furman, Tom Welch, Evan Smith, &lt;insert your drag racing hero here&gt; open a Viper drag racing school...
yesnod.gif

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a retailer, (not in this industry) let me caution you, the cheapest price is not always the best deal. You may put off some valuable sources of information by shopping this way. As well as the actual parts you are looking for these vendors also have vast amounts of information as to install tips, brand preferences, quality, warranty issues, etc...

The advertisers/vendors here have always been helpful with information, and things that you can not always put a price on.

There is a "vendor" that has posted here in the past and does not have the good reputation you might desire for doing business with. This "vendor" has been trashed here as well as some magazines, for not having the best "business policies". You as a new VCA member may, or may not, know who this is, although you may have heard of this "vendor".

Service after the sale is often as important as price. Actually getting what you paid for is also important.

Good luck with your shopping.

NJVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOud and clear Mopar Steve!!!
This is why I amended my note above on 11/27/02 to include what you are stating.
Believe me when I tell you I have received many "different" responses.
Thank you for the heads-up!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets