Warranty Available for Rebuilt Viper?

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all. I am considering a Viper that has already been rebuilt. It had a salvage title, according to the Carfax. I don't mind purchasing a rebuilt title if the price is right, but I'm wondering if a warranty is available. I know that DC will not warranty a car that is rebuilt.

I'm looking at a 2001 RT10 with only 3k miles on it. What do you guys think? Do you know of any warranty companies that will cover this vehicle? Thanks!

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
There is no DC Warrenty after salvage, but I know of companies covering drivetrains (which is 70% worthless)on any vehicle. If its THAT important to you I would suggest finding a clean vehicle, if not grab it while you can...

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I would highly question that you can get any warranty from any reputable company on a Salvage title. Having sold many different companies when I previously worked in our business office, this was a caveat on every policy. I would definitely state, " Buyer Beware ," on any company that said they would cover this situation.

OP
OP
A

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bonkers,

What company covers the drivetrain? I'm looking for any types of coverage, really... the car checks out, but I just want to be sure...

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I'll have to look into it. There was a rebuilt Yukon here in DE that I was interested in and some crappy company would cover 50k miles on drive train only on it. Price was a wallet breaking $2k. Engine repairs rarely (of course there are exceptions) add up to a great deal where as cpmouter/electrical and body repairs can break the bank. I'll do what I can to get the info for you...

OP
OP
A

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bonkers,

Don't worry about it... I had my friend check out the rebuilt car in MD. It turned out to be a piece of JUNK. The car was rolled over numerous times, and the repairs were of F quality.

I'm just going to either save up more money, or buy a few years older... either way, it's going to be a clean titled Viper w/ warranty
smile.gif

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Email me your price range and I may be able to hook you up to a few good salv rebuilts. It took me over six years of searching before I found the perfect car for me but I was scrapping the bottom of the price range too...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave