EAT RICE - Rice-to-License-Plate Vanity Ratio

ViperCorp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<CRAZY DUMB QUESTION>

OK I gotta interesting question which I wonder if anyone here as any "mental" evidence based on experiences.

Driving your car attracts "antagonists" -- people who want to race and think they have the goods. You know them; the tailgaters, the engine revers, ricers etc.

The question I have is for those who have vanity licesne plates that say something "antagonistic" -- say "EAT RICE" "DONT TRY" or "DO TENS" or "Y TRY" or "ULLOSE"

I would think such plates would encourage more antagonistic behaviour even if you had a juiced car. Or would it actually discourage more "antogonists" from messing with you?

Now, if the vanity plate said "SLOW 1" or "BORED" or "2TIRED" would that encourage less antogonistic behaviour?

The reason why I am asking is I like to drive my car; but I get tired of the people who want to race. I just want to go to McDonalds and get a burger.

</CRAZY DUMB QUESTION>

laugh.gif

BUD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know what u mean. If they don't meet a certain criteria, they are not worthy. it cost $$ wear and tear etc to race. Not to mention here in Texas they take you to jail (sometimes). I don't care about the 50 shot of NOS and the cold air intake on your CIVIC! Stock Mustangs and Camaros need not apply. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ViperCorp:
&lt;CRAZY DUMB QUESTION&gt;

OK I gotta interesting question which I wonder if anyone here as any "mental" evidence based on experiences.

Driving your car attracts "antagonists" -- people who want to race and think they have the goods. You know them; the tailgaters, the engine revers, ricers etc.

The question I have is for those who have vanity licesne plates that say something "antagonistic" -- say "EAT RICE" "DONT TRY" or "DO TENS" or "Y TRY" or "ULLOSE"

I would think such plates would encourage more antagonistic behaviour even if you had a juiced car. Or would it actually discourage more "antogonists" from messing with you?

Now, if the vanity plate said "SLOW 1" or "BORED" or "2TIRED" would that encourage less antogonistic behaviour?

The reason why I am asking is I like to drive my car; but I get tired of the people who want to race. I just want to go to McDonalds and get a burger.

&lt;/CRAZY DUMB QUESTION&gt;

laugh.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the attention my Vipers create. I get the typical "ricer" revying their engine at me and every other car as well. But I know what you mean. Just because you have a fast car doesn't mean that you want to race every car on the road. I guess it goes with the territory. I guess it doesn't help that the plate on my GTS reads "KZMYASP" and the plate on my RT/10 reads "V84LNCH".
smile.gif

-Jonathan

fast?

Enthusiast
Reaction score
man i wish i had cars reving and taigating me. no one ever wants to race me. years ago when i had a soupped up rx-7 tt at every stoplight someone wanted to race.in my viper no one does.
frown.gif
frown.gif

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did not put vanity plates on mine for that very reason.

However, I have noticed that most people who throw revs are usually ones going the other way on the road or at a light. I get that all the time from mustangs, but never from one that is actually going the same direction I am. Funny how that works out. The only cars that have seriously tied to challenge me have been a Porsche TT and a heavily modified Supra.

Usually, the ones that act like they want to race and are actually in a position to do so are obvious misfits that are just screwing around. We took the Viper out last weekend and pulling away from lights I had about an '87 Tercel trying to pace me. After about the 3rd light, my wife ordered me to give them a show and they were all smiles at the next light and asked for a bigger headstart next time. I find that people like that usually get a kick out of it when a Viper is willing to actually play with them.

--- Ken

MtHam ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you guys need to figure out how to have fun with these guys. They only want to see how fast your snakes are.

The other day on the freeway this ricer was charging up and down making a lot of noise and trying to egg me into something. I didn't pay too much attention, but he wouldn't go away.

So for a little entertainment, I complied. Wait until they come charging up on you. I was cruising in 5th at maybe 65. Casually drop it into 3rd while holding your speed steady. Wait until they get right next to you, then jump on it. It's surprising how fast you go by them, so this is good for maybe a couple of seconds of entertainment, but it's nothing more than blowing a little carbon out of the cylinders in your car. Loads of fun.

ceieio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<FONT COLOR="Black">I don't mind most of the "come-ons"; people are trying to enjoy the car too.

What I don't like is the aggressive, stupid moves that some of them make in their attempt to egg me on. Last weekend was a great example. Some guy in an Eclipse with some kind of laughing gas license plate frame and (no kidding) "12." soaped onto his rear window made an abrupt lane change in front of me with a good two feet of separation.

I don't need the rock chips (at best) or a totaled car (at worst). He jacked around there for a minute, some weird sound came out of the Folgers can hanging under his rear bumper, and off he went (at an unimpressive rate). He then slowed down for me to catch up in case I didn't get it. Fortunately, my turn came up first.

KenH - he was on northbound on 99W headed your way. Watch out or he may try to "slap you down" too!
laugh.gif
</FONT c>

Hisser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I came up on a new vette that had the plate *FASTER* and he wanted to play. I was about 2 car lengths behind him and as I got a little faster he did so I pulled up next to him and we both hit it for about 4 seconds and thats all it took to be 50 yards ahead of him, and then he pulled up and gave me the thumbs up. He seemed to be a pretty cool guy. He goes to the car shows here in town and has a new plate now...just a state issue plate.

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have this plate and frame:

You must be registered for see images

And no one seems to bother me... even corvettes. Cops think the plate itself is hilarious.