Nitrous guys...come lend me your ear!!! and your help!!!

PBJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bitten,
I would run a N/X wet first stage on a window switch, WOT switch, and a fuel pressure switch from 3000 to 5800 rpm. I would run maybe 100 shot or less to keep the tire spin to a minimum, and then bring in the propane kit as the second stage. I would set it up on a WOT switch manual or on a pin switch for 2nd,3rd and 4th gear only. I would keep it at 100 shot also, and do some serious dyno pulls. Pay close attention to your air/fuel and timing readings.Try to mess with IAT readings on the second stage...50 degrees or so to keep pulse width maxed out. If everything looks good you can start stepping up your second stage.A 200 in second gear is going to be a handfull... be careful. I have run a lot of nitrous on mustangs, camaros, vettes... but only 1 viper. My biggest advice is start off small and check air/fuel on every change !!! It is better to be safe than sorry... I have multiple sets of pistons to prove it.
Later,
Joe

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Talk to Tom/BTR. Is your window switch a msd ? If so has it been modded by msd for a 10 cyl ? As PBJ said: Start small first....good advice.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bitten:

I have experience with both the NX and the BTR systems and the window switch (must be modified as a 2 cylinder), fuel pressure switch and a custom controller. I have also tried with and without propane. The key to success - SIMPLER is better for reliability and streetability. Key #2 - never run prior to having a good dyno operator lined up. The dyno operator is as important as the dyno it self.

I wouldn't start so complicated, my single stage had the fastest MOD2 time at Beech Bend (VOI7) and this was on a system that I had just installed. One hint, the propane doesn't like cold weather, it is workable, but, not easy to be consistent when it is cold. Cold is less than eighty degrees. I think that either Tom Welch (BTR) or Albert Choulber (NX/Tx) are as knowledgeable as they come. They do what they preach.

Email me your phone number and we can talk. I am not that far away. I can show you many pitfalls and an equal number of short cuts. I have over fifty pulls on my Gen2 and an equal number on a Gen1, therefore, a good database to compare your car against.

fast?

Enthusiast
Reaction score
bitten what company bottle opener are you using? i am in the process of upgradeing my system to a nitrous propane gas system from btr. only thing left is to mount my fuel pump for the extra gas tank under the hood. i am going to get the nx 3 pod switch but can't decide on the nos opener or the nx one. sick of having to go in the trunk and open both bottles.

ubnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trent,

I have the NX bottle opener right under the false switch in the lower dash. It works great! btw...the heat blanket switch is there too. Good luck!

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jack i've got the DVD of you running 10.69@133,where I started to go sideways top of 2nd TOOCLOSE to you.
PS.I had 134mph runs during time trials,single stage,stock motor.
Couldn't drive worth S#!T
redface.gif

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello,

I have always been from the school of KISS ("Keep It Simple Stupid"). I have tried bottle openers and other electronic gadetry and over the years have come to like to keep these types of things simple. I turn on the bottles before leaving the house, the bottle heaters come on automatically with the ignition, and Im ready for the evenings action. Turn off the bottles once arriving back home and thats it!

Bottle openers use a momentary switch for activation and this can lend itself to the user not knowing (or remembering) what position the opener was last in. It is almost impossible to ascertain the bottle opener position by pressure as once the line is filled with NOS it is difficult to notice a pressure difference between the bottle and the line downstream of the electronic opener..assuming that there are no leaks in the line. Bottle openers cost about $ 160 and you can mount the activation switch in several locations under the dash or in the ashtray.

Again, I don't care for bunches of switches and lighted gadgets on my Viper, I see enough of that during my day job.

You will need to have MSD calibrate your window switch and I recommend 3000 and 5000 rpm chips. There is really no need for two NOS bottles as you won't be spending much time on the 2nd stage unless you care to use 5th and 6th gear. Save the 2nd bottle as a back up so you can outrun those forced air guys 30 or so times before you run out of spray!

Tom

------------------
Http://btrviper.com

352-690-9600

1997 GTS, BTR 750 SS
9.92 @ 143 MPH
776 RWHP @ 954 RWTQ
All for less than $ 20K Installed

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Tom Welch on 11-28-2002 at 11:46 AM</font>

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Albert Chlouber:
There are many options you can go with for nitrous. Check out my pics at my web site. We offer many different Nitrous systems you could use.
www.house-of-power.com

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very NICE site Albert!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmagnuss